The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. Looks like it's going to be a sunny day. I took a day off work so I'll be piddling around the house all day. Outdoor chores will be watering (and weeding of course). Indoor chores... sort through photos for a church project.

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

A nice sunny hot day in store for us. We got the shopping done yesterday so I can spend the day sewing and sorting out fabric. First, off to make blueberry muffins for breakfast.
    dooley

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Another hot and dry day in store here. We are having much warmer temperatures this May than we did last May and 1/10th the rain of last May. I don't have to wonder what the summer holds for us. :rolleyes:

4. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Well, what a busy week. I'm having a staycation. Saturday and Sunday, I put out 2 forty foot rows of bush beans, 18 tomato plants and 20 pepper plants. Thinned radishes and beets, hilled a 30 foot row of Kennebnec potato's. Planted a 30 foot row of Irish Cobbler potato's. Planted white onions. Weeded a couple of perennial beds. Monday and Tuesday were MD, DDS, Optometrist, and Sleep Disorder Dr. Sleep study on the 26th. Yesterday, the lawn tractor I've been nursing along on it's last leg, went belly up. Priced a new motor, but that with shipping and my time for installation would be over half the cost of a new one, so later today, I'm off to order a Husqvarna. Will be spending some time harvesting the parts I think I can use from the dead one. Tomorrow, I'll drop the missus off at her sister's in Michigan, so I can go to the Cabela's up there. Perhaps I can rest on Saturday and Sunday before I go back to work.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 5°C and overcast. Weatherman calls for a nice sunny day, but these clouds sure look like rain - which we need badly! A very busy day today, probably the busiest day of the year for me...this long weekend is the un-official kickoff of the summer season. I have to have the resort looking good :) Have a great day all!

6. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

good cool breezy fri morn all plan to do some crafts and work with my flowers today wishing everyone a green thumb day

7. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its a long weekend here, thank god!!

The weather is supposed to be amazing, so i might plant a few things out this weekend.....hopefully there's no more frost!!

I have a few errands to do for Brad, as well as pop into the grocery store, being a tourist town, i dont want to go near it later.

Have a great day!

8. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, recent rains have kept the lawn from being mowed but today is great and the dandelions know we are coming. One yellow flower in the middle of the lawn is not a dandelion, I may dig it up. Mowers.......start your engines....Mowing can be fun. :)

Jerry

9. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday! Had patches of dense fog all throughout my commute this morning. Why or why do people NOT turn on their headlights when it's foggy????
    Anyhow... It's burnt off now and the sun is shining brightly. Temps are supposed to reach 90F. Come on work-day... be over with already! :stew2:

10. toni

Good morning all. Another day of clear skies and warmer weather, it's been topping out at 89 the last few days and today should be 90.....one degree doesn't make a whole lot of difference, it's still too hot for May!!

11. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

DS and DH went by grocery shopping. Each came with same thing. Will not starve.Having grill pork loin on grill. big salad, Bake tatter and cottage cheese. + water melon-Dh bought one yesterday. Took up 1/2 of frig.Should invite DS Friend.

12. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

A good Fri to everyone. Several of you mentioned long weekend & I had to look see if it was Memorial weekend already.
    Been planting flowers all over the place. I love to do mixed containers.With all the pots I will have color no matter if it doesn't rain.Hot drying winds today. Sure wish for some thunderboomers & accompanying showers,of course.We have been putting paper & mulch around things.Trying to hold in subsoil moisture.
    sewNsow

13. toni

Next Monday is Victoria Day in Canada so our Canadian members have a 3 day weekend ahead of them. A week from next Monday is Memorial day and it'll be our turn to get a 3 day weekend. ;)

14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 8°C and sunny. I had great hopes of spending the first day of my long weekend lounging around the house, but I have just realized that soccer begins on Tuesday and my daughters soccer shoes are too small! Off shortly to the sports store to get some shoes. Have a great day all!

15. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

good cool but sunny sat morn am going to go and find things to make for the yard today so everyone have a great day