The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. I have some planting to do.Deadheading. Mowing. Watering. Weeding. Did I forget anything? :stew2:

2. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, today was a picture perfect day and a daytime excursion to the north-country filled the day. Tomorrow I will try to unbend a tree. Gardening can be fun. :) Tree?

Jerry

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 12°C and sunny. It was a beautiful day yesterday and I got quite a bit of work done. Finally got my tomato's planted - much to the annoyance of the resident Kildeer. I didn't know how she would react with me so close to her nest, but it turned out OK. Also dug a new garden on the east side of the house ... I had to put my new Hosta's SOMEWHERE ;)
    I hope to jazz up the back gardens today, but until we get some rain I won't be doing much digging out there. Have a great day all :)

4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I have been so busy for the last 4 days, when I wake up in the morning I am exhausted. I still have to get through today and tomorrow. I have been busy in the yard and gardens and small outings with my hubby. We de-weeded, planted more hanging plants for our hooks, got the fruit trees sprayed, cut the grass, moved more plants that we miss planted.:oops: It still seems like we have a million more things to do. We are just taking one day at a time getting our long list done. We also squeeze in some pleasure day trips.

I like to read every single new post but I haven't been able to do that these last few days. I miss that. I will be back with "gardenstew" toward the middle of the week. ;)

Barb in Pa.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good early, early, early Monday morning all. Tuesday is our 32nd anniversary so we will be taking off around 10 a.m. this morning for our anniversary trip. Beautiful Texas scenery and junque shops await us!!! Hopefully lots of photos to share when we get back late Thursday.

6. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 15°c and sunny. It is Victoria Day here in Canada and that means a long weekend!I'll be out in the yard 'puttering' today. Yesterdays weather was downright HOT hitting the 30°C mark. I usually like the hot weather, but it is too early and I was worried that my Lilac's and other spring blooms would get cooked. On a positive note ... we got the new pool filled yesterday. Hoping for some rain ... the ground is dusty and the clay is baked hard already. I have a few flats of annuals I'd like to get planted. Have a great day everyone :)

7. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. No work for me today. But have lots to do at home. All that's needed in the yard is giving the fruit trees a good soaking. I have a few errands to run this morning and then a meeting for that church project I'm working on.
    It looks to be another gorgeous day... temps from 70-90. I haven't watched the news the last couple of days... so I have clue about rain chances. Guess I could always looking online! Duh! :stew2:

8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 15°C and overcast. There is a small chance of rain today, but I don't expect much (darn it...we need rain badly!) Off to work to start another busy week. Have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. We're stuck in a pattern - weather-wise.... lows in uppper 60s and highs in lower 90s... and not a chance of rain in sight. Looks like it's gonna be another hot & dry one like last year.

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We are on this year's anniversary trip, Touring part of east Texas (a little further south than last year) looking for junque stores and at the beautiful huge trees in this area.
    Still hot and dry but the AC in our pickup works great, so it's bearable.

11. Annette

Annette Seedling

happy anniversary,toni! hope you and your hubby have a memorable day. :stew2:

12. waretrop

Spreading mulch, spreading mulch, spreading mulch, etc.

Barb in Pa.

13. waretrop

We got over 20 yards and spread about 5 tonight. We will finish it by Thursday or Friday and Thursday afternoon we will chip up all those trees that fell last Winter. Then we will know if we will need 20 more yards of mulch or not.

Very tired in Pa. Barb :-?

14. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 10°C and clear. We must have traded weather with Texas as it's been hot and dry for weeks now. Tomorrow the humidity kicks back in and still no sign of rain.
    I have a feeling its going to be a very LONG DRY season this year. Off to drag some hoses, have a great day all :)

15. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its a sunny, beautiful day here, so i need to go out and water some.

I was supposed to go to Toronto today, but thats now tomorrow, so instead i have some local errands to do for Brad.

Have a great day everybody.