The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Sounds like we all could use some rain! Still hot and dry here. And yesterday, the AC went out at work. The repairman showed up when I was leaving. So I made sure to wear shorts, tank top and bring a fan with me... just in case. But... it's up and running! Yippee!!

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. The bags of interesting junque are piling up on the chair in the motel room here. Nothing really big or major but some cute things.

Also, we found a huge true JUNK shop that was on the program American Pickers a couple of years ago. It is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday so we will have to stop by on the way out of town tomorrow. We drove by and I think the pickup is big enough to get all the stuff in that looked good!!!! I will certainly have to learn self control before tomorrow.

3. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Weds .Add me to the desperate for rain list! I'm still trying to plant & have to get things mulched as soon as they are in or they fry.The winds are beating stuff up here.
    I can't wait to see the stuff Toni is gathering on her trip.Sounds like great fun!
    sewNsow

4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

conserved my energy to move more mulch when hubby gets home. Then tomorrow we will chip the 2 big trees that fell down in the Winters rain. That will be thrown into the future hidden garden, 1/4 acre triangle on the upward edge of our property.

Barb in Pa.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear. It is going to be a hot one today ... highs today expected to feel like 36°C - and still no rain. Maybe this heat will generate some thunderstorms. The planting continues at work (where I have a good water supply and a LOT of hose) At home, the ground is baked solid and I will have to wait for rain before I will be able to plant the flats of flowers sitting here. Funny...the weeds don't seem to be suffering!
    Have a great day all :)

6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Yesterday we moved almost 8 yards of the over 20 yards of mulch and 5 the day before. That's 13 down and 7 or so to go. Early next week we will have to have another 20 yards.

This morning we will be chipping all that wood from the trees falling with all that Winter rain. It's a 12 incher and it does the job quickly. It still will tale half the day.

I would say by this evening I will be about dead.

Barb in Pa.

7. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its another sunny, beautiful day here...no rain for the next few days, so that means lots of watering.

I'm off to Toronto in a bit, thank god for air conditioning in the truck!!

Have a great day everybody!

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Last day of our anniversary vacation :'( BUT that means tonight we sleep in our own bed and that is going to feel so good. This motel bed has been not as hard as some but definitely harder than most, we have a water bed so any regular bed is uncomfortable after a night or two.

We didn't find and junque stores yesterday, two towns and nothing :eek:

9. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, a perfect day for gardening and evicting weeds. Off to the garden center to see what's 'up.'

Jerry

10. Netty

Good Friday morning all! Currently 19°C and overcast. I sure hope those clouds have some rain in them! Record high temperatures expected today and maybe a thunderstorm. Off to another busy day at work ... wedding today so the gardens need to look perfect. Have a great day all :)

11. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its another sunny, HOT day here.

I'm home today, so i plan on cutting the grass, and staining the shed, and after lunch i have a couple of deliveries for Brad.....and then its the weekend.

Have a great day!!

12. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Feeling kinda muggy outside this morning with temps in the mid 70s. Still no rain in sight.
    I have a feeling it's going to be a hectic long day at work... early deadlines for the newspaper because of the holiday and so many graduation ads. But at least we're getting lunch catered today!

13. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

Good Saturday morning the birds are singing it is humid and can't wait to get outside and work on my huge rose bush so have a beautiful green thumb day everyone

14. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 13°C and overcast. Still waiting for some rain here. I'm getting very discouraged...the weeds can't be dug out because the ground is baked solid. I've had flats of flowers waiting to be planted for 2 weeks and I can't even dig the holes to plant them, not to mention the amount of water it would take to keep them moist in this heat. I hope our weather returns to 'normal' soon ... moist and warm, not hot and dry. Anyway, I'm off to a meeting this morning and then the day is mine. Have a great day all!

15. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. As soon as I'm done here, gotta get some water on the plants. And see about pulling some weeds. Other than that... just doing whatever.