The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Yet another hot and dry one in store for me. Yesterday the high temp was 95 and close to that today, tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. If the ground level temperature reaches 110+ then the heat cap that is over us will be broken but that's not likely .....thank goodness!!! So I guess there is a good side and a bad side to everything

My day to water so I had better get to it.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 11°C and overcast. Thankfully the heat has broken but still no rain. Today, housework and shopping. Have a great day all :)

3. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Did a sleep study last night. Wires, wires everywhere. Sleep disturbed by tape, electrodes, wires, and etc. Grandkids are visiting, Hooboy, I didn't think they could wear me out so quickly! Highs in the mid 90's today. Very humid. Watering everything I can, as I'm able.

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. Hot already. Still have the watering to finish (is it every finished?)
    And some repotting to be done. Still haven't gotten to the weeding... and it shows! :D
    Have a meeting at the church this afternoon and then it's back to working on their commemorative booklet.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 17°C and overcast. I can hear thunder in the distance, so I really hope we get some rain today. Off to work for another busy week of planting. Have a great day all :)

6. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its another sunny, beautiful day here....supposed to be HOT though, so lots of watering.

Had a busy weekend, as usual, got all the yard work done yesturday, and weeded.....I'm home today, but back and forth to Toronto the rest of the week, and on Saturday is Natalie's surprise bridal shower, so i'll be helping the girls set up for that, have to deal with University papers and tuition this week for Kait.

Have a great day everyone.

7. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 22°C and clear. Broke some heat records yesterday, today is going to be hot and humid, and I am STILL waiting for rain here! Small chance of rain tonight and then I'll have to wait until Thursday. Have a good day all and stay cool :)

8. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its another hot day here, although not as hot as yesturday.....boy do we need rain!!

I'm going out to water soon, and then i'm off to Toronto.

Enjoy your day everybody.

9. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 11°C and sunny. Still no rain. This is the oddest spring I can ever remember!
    On the up side, my Peony's are ready to bloom :) Have a great day all!

10. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its cooler here today, thankfully!!

We did get some rain yesturday, however it wasnt enough to lift the fire bans....supposed to be a wet weekend, here's hoping.

I'm off to Toronto again shortly......maybe I can drive with the windows down today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

11. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 10°C and cloudy. A lot cooler today, and tomorrow we will get rain. Another day of planting and dragging hoses. Have a great day all :)

12. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its another cool morning here, nice for sleeping.

I'm more or less home today, have to drive up to two Mennonite farms and pick up some parts, and then i plan on cutting thr grass, since its supposed to rain all weekend.

Have a great day all.

13. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. Still hot here but that front that was north of here is scheduled to move through this afternoon with a 40% chance of rain and some cooler temps.
    :fingerscrossed:

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Got up at 6 am and went and put fertilizer on tomatoes. Rain started at 8 am. So far we have .75 inches according to the rain guaage. It's supposed to keep up all afternoon. Hope, Hope, Hope!

dooley

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Looks like the rain event has come to an end in my part of the state, everything has moved south of us. My garden received 1.25 inches and I am happy, not as happy as I would be if I knew I wouldn't have to water again on Saturday, by then the ground will be concrete hard again and the hose will be unwound from it's holder and put to use.

Should be two mornings coming up with really nice temps in the 60's before the heat hits again. I have plants to get in the ground and some to move, hope that forecast holds true.