The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, a few bags of new potting mix should make the inside plants happy as they make their way to their summer vacation spot on the deck. Which crazy inside plant requested a ticket to Central America? Raise a branch.

Jerry

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 10°C and RAINING!! FINALLY!! It is to be an all day steady rain ... exactly what my cracked, baked soil needs. Heading off to work for a couple of hours and then coming home to help my daughter get ready for her Prom. I can't believe that she is done high school!! Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday morning. We got just under an half inch of rain yesterday and just a trace amount overnight. Just enough to give everybody a little drink.
    Busy weekend ahead... last weekend to finish up church project and there's some serious mowing and tidying up that needs to be done to my neglected yard.

4. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 11°C and overcast. We had a drenching rain yesterday so all the trees and gardens will be very happy today! I had the day off yesterday so I got ahead of the housework and can devote most of my day to my gardens :) :)
    Have a great day all!

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning.... just 3 more days of this project and my life can return to normal. My dog doesn't recognize me. The plants thing I abandoned them. The grass and weeds have taken over. The cupboards are bare. The house is relatively clean since I've only been in one room, it seems for weeks!
    Today... as soon as I finish here... mowing! I doubt I'll get any edging done. And I'll have to put the hose on "light" and soak everything. Hopefully then the plants will forgive me. As for the dog, I'd better scheduled some "fetch" time!

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Some of my plants already don't remember the 1.25 inches of rain they received a couple of days ago and today is my allowable watering day so I'd better get to it before it heats up out there.

Youngest daughter and her friends are at A-kon 23 this weekend.... http://a-kon.com/ and we are baby sitting her ferret, Caprina. That little weasel will get into everything but she is sure fun to watch.

7. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 12°C and overcast. It looks like more rain is in the forecast. I've been busy in the gardens weeding and planting, as well as filling planters. Went out to work in the veggie patch, but the part that really needs work still has a Kildeer nest. This is the longest I have ever waited for Kildeer eggs to hatch. Every day I expect to find them hatched and gone, but everyday the mother is still there sitting on them. My bird book says incubation is 21-28 days ... it is at least 22 days now. I hope they hatch soon ... I need to get my peppers planted!! Have a great day all :)

8. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, one inch of rain yesterday did not deter the birds from the feeders. Very wet bluejays picked up their soggy bread as the other birds arrived during lulls in the rain to eat at the seed feeders. Woodpeckers, silent and noisy, had their morning meal of suet. Hummers were absent. I watched from a dry and sheltered screened in deck as I had my morning coffee and muffin. I wondered if any of the birds wanted coffee with their seeds?

Jerry

9. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. I finally got the back watered and the plants were so happy about it. Today, soak everything in the front and tomorrow the fruit trees get a drink. And my biggest chore of all has to be weeding. Especially in the succulent bed. I'd better start there before they totally take over.
    But first, I must go to the grocery store. About the only thing left around here to eat is dog food. :-D

10. toni

Good morning all. Finally got 7 new plants in the ground...not where I had originally thought they would go but the new places do look better than my first thought.

Almost time to go get lunch, pick up Mom's meds, take them to her then come home before the temp reaches the 100 deg mark they are predicting....just checked the forecast and they have dropped today's high down to 96 there must have been a cool front come through overnight ...yeah, right :rolleyes:

11. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 10°C and overcast. Finally caught that raccoon last night in the trap ... DH is going to take him down past the swamp and release him. I just hope that is far enough away :rolleyes:
    Heading off to another busy day at work, but at least I know I won't be watering today after that weekend of rain! Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Monday morning! No change in the weather around here. Still hot and dry.
    More watering today.
    And.... last day of work on that project for the church! woohoooo!
    Still smaller projects to do for them... but nothing that will consume my entire day & night for weeks.
    So... I'll be getting back to my old boring routine soon... I can't wait! :D
    And I know the plants will appreciate some attention again.

13. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its still a little cool here, and we had more rain overnight, calling for a sprinkle today.

I'm off to Toronto in awhile, so have a great day everyone.

14. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 10°C and cloudy. Had a great day planting yesterday because for the first time this year, I didn't have to WATER the gardens before I planted them! Thank goodness for the weekends rain! Have a great day all :)

15. toni

Good morning all. Mid-90's again and no rain. What we got last week is a long ago dream for the garden. There is a slight chance of scattered storms for the next three days but that just means that somewhere in this area someone has a 30 - 40 % chance of getting sprinkled on....so don't get your hopes up. :rolleyes: