The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Tues AM,I am really seeing the need for drastically smallifying our plantings.We are in drought conditions with no relief in sight.It is just too much work to water 300+ daylilies.These are huge thirsty plants & it isn't possible to get sufficient water to their roots.(':(');
    sewNsow

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday afternoon. Our rain chances go up to 50% tomorrow. Sure would be nice! But at least I did manage to give most everything a good soaking yesterday.
    And... I thought my big project was done for the church last night.... BUT... I have a few more hours to put in it. And then it will be done.... again.
    Hurry up! I want to play in my garden again. :stew2:

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 9°C and sunny. We had a shower overnight as everything is wet :) Work today , soccer again tonight ... when will I ever get my grass cut? Have a great day all!

4. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its warmer here today, but overcast.....it may rain after lunch but I think I'll water this morning anyway.

I'm more or less home today, have a couple deliveries for Brad around lunch, need to go to the grocery store though.

Have a great day everybody.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 10°C and sunny. Another busy day, work then soccer, a back appointment and shopping squeezed in there somewhere too. Still no time to cut the grass I guess! Have a great day all :)

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sun is shining right now. Very big thunderstorm last night. Two inches of rain according to the rain guage. Lots of thunder booming and lightning. Chance did not appreciate it. I won't have to water today. Rain in forecast for next 8 days. Morning sun and clouds, pm and evening rain. That's okay with me.

dooley

7. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, the sun is making its first appearance in several days, perhaps the lawn will be dry enough to mow.

Jerry

8. cherylad

Dooley must have gotten my rain! About 6pm yesterday, the wind starting blowing, the temps dropped at least 15 degrees instantly. Lots of big nasty dark clouds coming in the from the east. You could hear the distant rumble of thunder. For some reason I didn't trust those clouds... and some of my plants would not have made it another day without water. So... all the while those clouds are moving over me... I continue to water (using the water in the rain barrel). I figured if it does rain... great... everything will just get an extra good soaking and my rain barrel would fill back up. And if it didn't rain... at least my plants would live another day.
    So guess what? I only got about 10 DROPS of rain out of the whole thing! Did I jinx it by watering anyhow????? :headscratch:
    There's another 50% chance of rain for today and tomorrow.... hopefully I'll get some of that rain.

9. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 12°C and overcast. Well, today is the day my grass will FINALLY get cut! After work, my first and only job of the night is to cut the grass. If I have a chance, I'll try to do some weeding in the gardens too. The Kildeer nest is FINALLY gone :)
    Have a great day all!

10. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its a beautiful sunny day here, no rain for a few days.

I have a hair appointment at 9, and then need to go to the grocery store again, forgot a couple things.

I am going to cut the grass this morning too, i cut it on Monday and its amazing how quickly its grown!!

Anyhoooo....off to get some more coffee, enjoy your day all.

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's Friday. The sun is shining this morning. It rained all night but no thunder and lightning. We got .74 inches by the rain guage. Hope it is nice in the morning. Farm market day.

dooley

12. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Again.... rain everywhere around this area EXCEPT for where I live. Some places had some strong storms that blew down trees and up to 3 inches of rain. I watched more big black clouds blowing past me. Today there is a 60% chance of rain. This will be my last chance for any wet stuff for awhile. Come on rain clouds... don't pass me by again, please?
    :stew2:

13. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Fri.My rain situation is much like Cherylads.Soo dry here.I try to water some area every day.And wouldn't you know it,for the first time ever,someone planted soybeans in our back pasture.Looks like it was a waste of seed & time.Bad situation for farmers.
    Now,I know what causes mildew on phlox.Lack of moisture. Mine look like they were painted white & started out that way.I think I will cut them all off.
    sewNsow

14. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 14°C and overcast. We had a good rain overnight and thunderstorms are in the forecast for today. Todays soccer tournament has been postponed until tomorrow so today is MINE :)
    Have a great day all!

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Nice out this morning but the ground is still very wet and being black clay it's way too gloopy to work in.

Today is my oldest daughter's 45th birthday, NO WAY!!! I can't be old enough to have a daughter that old :eek: Oh wait, yes I am. I just don't act like it sometimes.