The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Woke up to a comfortable 72F with a slight breeze and best of all an inch of rain fell last night! The water barrel is full again and the plants all look so happy this morning. And so does the weeds, but they will no longer be happy in a bit because this is the day to get the weed outta here!

2. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Cherylad,Lucky you! No rain in sight for us here.Have to start the watering this evening. It takes a long time.I'm treasuring my mulched containers. At least I can keep them moist.
    I always say it always rains just before it is too late. Maybe it will be too late for some plants this time.
    sewNsow

3. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good evening. We had rain this morning then clouds and sun. Our forecast high of 88 became 77. Our rain total was only a quarter of an inch but my plants liked it. wannabe

4. CrisGzr

CrisGzr In Flower

8 pm and pouring rain, which my transplanted lilacs will love! I need a new rain gauge. But there is a good inch in the dog's empty dish!

Advertisement
  5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, the last of the spring planting was done today, all the annuals are planted.

Jerry

6. cherylad

Happy Monday evening. A scorcher today. Plants are starting to show signs of distress from the 100+ temps and lack of rain. But... not like it wasn't expected.

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good evening! It was 96 here this afternoon when we were coming home from Huntsville. We did errands today and made phone calls when we got home. I think I may have arranged to get satellite internet and television. You never know until it's hooked up and running. I'll have to go water things in the morning. It says 30 percent chance of rain but that's 70 percent chance of no rain. I'll try not to water the weeds.
    dooley

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 19°C and overcast. We had a bit of rain overnight. Spending a good part of the day in the veggie garden today ... spinach and radish to pick. Have a great day all :)

9. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its raining here, which we needed.....the weekend was sooooo hot, that its nice to have the rain.

I was all over the place yesturday for Brad, but I'm home today.

Have a great day all.

10. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Two loud claps of thunder woke up during the night and I was sure that I would get up to at least a damp ground. But no sign of any rain. Dang thunder getting my hopes up! :twisted:
    Only a slight chance of rain here and there over the next few days. Temps in the high 90s with heat indexes adding another 10 degrees. Summer is definitely early around here!

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Lots of nice rain storms north and west of us but when they tried to come my way they fell apart so I heard thunder off in the distance but that was it.
    98 deg yesterday with a feels like of 105. I am already finding out that not all plants touted as Drought Tolerant really are. Not even the full force of summer yet but with only being allowed to water two days a week I have so called Drought Tolerant plants really suffering.

12. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

good Wednesday morning all. Currently 10°C and cloudy. We had a thunderstorm roll through yesterday afternoon and cool things down, as well as a nice downpour. Off to work ... soccer tonight and then it all starts again tomorrow. Have a great day all :)

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! We had rain and thunderstorms all day yesterday. Ended up with 1.84 inches of rain. I did get up and water early yesterday because the chance of rain was only 30 percent. This morning it is still cloudy and it's cool for the moment. Going into mid-90's today.

dooley

14. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. We must have just gotten the tail end of the storms that Dooley got. It rained a bit yesterday, about 1/4 inch at my house. This morning's commute was a foggy one. I still can't get over how many drive without any lights on when it's that foggy!
    Another hot one in-store... upper 90s. I'm sure the plants appreciated the little bit of rain.

15. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Weds,Looks like some of you got some rain.None in sight here.And it was so cool this AM I wore a sweatshirt on our walk.
    I saw the first Japanese Beetles yesterday on rose.So,I'm just going to cut the roses way back & hope for a nice fall rose show.No sense watering & feeding roses to have blooms to be devoured by beetles.
    sewNsow