The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday afternoon. We got a little rain last night. Which was good because we needed it, but bad because of the timing. The church's Zydeco dance attendance was dampened by the rains. But oh well, it did drop the temps a bit.
    I'm officially pooped out and will do nothing for the rest of the day. Tomorrow... mow and water and weed-eat and water some and mow some more!

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good evening! Two days we've had lots of dark clouds but no rain. It does say 40 to 50 percent chance for Monday and Tuesday. We haven't had rain since last Tuesday. Weeds are still growing but garden needs watered.
    dooley

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 16°C and raining. I'm sure this is just a passing shower as weatherman says we will have sun, heat and humidity today. My gardens are thirsty so I'll take what rain I can get! Off to a busy day at work ... my assistant took the day off so I'll be on my own. Have a great day all :)

4. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Mon.It is a hot 1 today. Complete with drying winds.
    Glad I watered some stuff last night.I sat here last eve & could hear constant rumblings of thunder.Just a teaser. No rain in sight.Maybe by Weds.
    They always say corn should be knee high by 4th of July. a lot of it is shoulder high already.
    This drought will help me cull out some daylilies.Some I have out back have not gotten a drop of supplemental water.They are blooming beautifully.Others not so much.
    Bye bye.
    sewNsow

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Monday mid-day. I was a good girl and got the mowing done this morning, just before the rain started. It's not a drencher, but a slow drizzle. No complaints from me... it's been at it for nearly two hours... and hope it continues throughout the day! I also managed to get a couple plants in the ground too. The third one is waiting it's turn. I'm tempted to go ahead and work in the rain... it does feel pretty good! :stew2:

6. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. It's already 20°C and sunny this morning ... it's going to be a scorcher today! Off to water where I can and find shady spots to work. Have a great day all :)

7. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

We had a little rain overnight, but its supposed to be HOT here today, they are saying around *100!!! This is supposed to last for the next few days too!!

I'm more or less home today, but i do need to drive up to one of the Mennonite farms and pick up some parts.

I plan on watering what the rain didnt get, and maybe do some weeding.

Enjoy your day everyone.

8. teacher.artist

teacher.artist New Seed

Hello to all, its very hot and dusty around here in kuwait.

9. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Yesterday was a wonderful day. Little rain showers moved through all day leaving just over 1/2 inch of rain. The temps were down to the 80s, so the doors and windows were open. And there's a 60% chance of rain today, so I don't think I'll have to do any watering this evening.

10. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

It is hot and windy again.Dh is watering . So glad he and DS mulched veggy garden.And I have some of the flowers. Just doing it wet newspaper and wood mulch.Hung load of wash out. Will dry in no time.

11. dooley

Good afternoon! The forecast said rain after noon and it's 8 minutes after noon and it's just started pouring rain. We have to go to Writer's Guild tonight at 5:30 so I hope it doesn't wash out the road. We're meeting at the Feed Trough for dinner and reading our short stories, poetry, etc.
    Hope we get some rain but not a gullywasher.

dooley

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Ever so slight chance of rain up here today and tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. Radar shows stuff heading north but it's passing us to the east.
    With these water restrictions I am really, really glad I have 5 rain barrels this year to use when needed.

13. dooley

It didn't rain for long, maybe about five minutes. It did that all afternoon. Rain a bit, quit, rain a bit, quit. Doubt we got much. I haven't checked the rain guage.

dooley

14. cherylad

I guess it was my turn for the rain. So far... 2 inches in the rain gauge and it looks like we might get some more. :stew2:

15. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 25°C and clear. We will be breaking heat records today, so I'm glad I have the day off! We had a thunderstorm yesterday which dropped enough water on the veggies to keep them happy another day. Have a great day all :)