The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Annette

Annette Seedling

good morning, everyone! another hot one today..almost done with the walkway...have to get mulch to finish it, but with this heat, probably not till later today or tomorrow!

2. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I thought I would put out 3 bags of mulch-path for guy to fill lp tank. Hope to get rain tonight. And to cooler-well at least low 80's

3. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Weds, We had a free supply of nice mulch & close, too.
    I feel sorry for anyone baling hay.At least one wouldn't have trouble drying it out.No danger of it getting wet.
    There have been huge tanker trucks getting water out of the creek down from us.They need it to grind up old concrete to redo I80 nearby.Sure is raising the dust.
    sewNsow

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 25°C and clear. Hot, hazy, and humid again with a smog advisory and extreme heat alert. This is the 3rd day of these conditions so we are officially in a heat wave. Cold front coming through tonight (thank goodness!) and that should bring some much needed rain. In the meantime, I'll be at work, dragging hoses. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, it is getting toasty warm here as today's temps are expected to reach 98°F. Wy it's almost hot enough to pop popcorn on the hood of a car. :)

Jerry

6. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 23°C and overcast and breezy. Finally the heat and humidity are gone and the temperatures are more comfortable. Thank goodness it's Friday ... I'm exhausted!
    Have a great day all :)

7. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Doesn't it always happen this way? I am doing record breaking canning during this record breaking heat. Today I have about 35 pints of hot peppers to pickle. Hope to get out of the kitchen noon.

Barb in Pa.

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We will be out junque shopping today, it is our annual day out with our oldest daughter. Junque shops here we come!!
    And since youngest is having a combined birthday party at our house this evening, we are spending the night at a motel so I will be back on the Stew tomorrow late morning. See ya then.

9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 17°C and clear. I slept in until 7am today, quite an accomplishment! I hope to map out my new garden today and hopefully get some soil to fill it. Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Temps are supposed to reach 100F today, so I'd better get out there early and get things tidied up, weeds pulled and put the water hose on "drip" for the day.

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Junque shopping day yesterday was a blast. The stores weren't all that interesting though, my haul is very small...literally. Will get photos posted in a bit. But the three of us always have a good time together and that's really what matters.

Cheryl, our first 100 degree day could possibly be today but tomorrow definitely and then for the rest of the week too.
    There is a tropical disturbance forming in the Gulf of Mexico but it looks like if Texas gets anything it will be along the gulf coast and not this far inland. So we are in a continued dry spell too.

12. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

It's so humid that dew is forming on people.

Jerry

13. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

It's dry here. Humid though. Hot too. My buddy less than a mile away got two inches of rain last weekend. I got less than 3/4. I'm afraid I'm gonna burn out my well pump, what with all the watering I'm doing.

14. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 10°C and cloudy. I talked DH into going to get me a load of soil with his truck yesterday, and so today I have a new garden! It had to be done ... I have some birthday plants sitting around in pots that need a new home ;) But first, house work and laundry need to be done. Have a great day all :)

15. Annette

Annette Seedling

good morning!!!hopefully a nice day today, maybe rain later in the afternoon, but still need to water, can't depend on the rain around here!..walking around yesterday, spotted my first 2 tomatoes starting to grow!!!!!whoopee!!!!!!!!!!