The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Up early and watered all the things, front and back. Have already sewed a child's apron.I have lots of sewing to do. Special order for a garden tote that goes over the shoulder. They are selling good.
    dooley

2. NorthernLady

NorthernLady New Seed

Oooo Good Day everyone!

Woke up very early this morning to see if I can catch something munching on my plants.. Still haven't caught anything. :( Its 84 Degrees with 66 percent humidity. I decided not to spend to much time outside, even with sun screen I some how manage to sun burn.

3. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

*sigh*

88º right now. Not bad, considering the next few days its supposed to reach triple digits...Plus Marion is now the 72nd county in Indiana to be issued a burn ban as of a few minutes ago....rain, where are you!?!?!?

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday evening...
    Sounds like alot of us are in the same 100+F "boat".... and wishing for rain. Especially with July 4th right around the corner. It always make me so nervous with people shooting off fireworks when it's this dry.
    I'm going to wait another 30 minutes and then go out to give everything a drink... hopefully it will be a nice cool 95F by then! :eek:

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 15°C and overcast, but that won't last long. Sun is coming out and the heat is rising today ... another heat wave starting today. Thursday is another step closer to Friday! Have a good one all :)

6. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 16°C and clear. I'm off for an early start to my day, and therefore an early start to my long weekend!! Graduation ceremony for my daughter last night, so made me proud ... 2 awards and a bursary :)
    Have a great day all!

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Just another hot and dry one here like most of the U.S. and parts of Canada are enduring too. Temps supposed to drop down to 98 and 99 after today but be right back up above 100 by Tuesday and beyond. This is a U.S. map showing the areas affected and how hot it's likely to be through July 1st. Personally I am located just above the last upward line of the W in DFW
    http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/heat_index ... _day3.html

Netty, give my congratulations to your daughter on the awards and scholarship (I think that's what a bursary is called in the states) Cost of college these days that is much needed.

8. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

102º and raining! Woo Hoo!! *does rain dance*

Edited: Didnt last long, but it feels cooler outside :) The power is out at work so Im waiting to hear if Im still going in or not...

9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 21°C and clear. No rain in our forecast for at least another week! I guess I'm watering today! Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Overcast this morning... nice not to be blinded by the sun first thing! We do have a 50% chance of rain today and 40% tomorrow. I'll be headed about 2.5 hours away this weekend to visit Hubby. So... I'm going to give everything a good drink, just in case that rain doesn't visit here.
    Hmmmm.... might have to put a tarp over the bed of the truck, wouldn't want all my BBQ fixin's to get wet!
    Have a great pre-Independence Day weekend everyone!

11. toni

Good afternoon all. Have a safe trip and fun visit Cheryl.

Today our youngest daughter turned 25. Took her to one of our favorite places for breakfast this morning since she works 3 pm to 10 pm today. No birthday cake, she has lost 40 pounds in the last year and I don't want to mess up her progress.

12. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good afternoon,Got a little over an inch of rain last night & big storms missed us.Plenty of damage not far away.It was cooler sleeping last night but has gotten very muggy today. More storms possible for the next several days.
    sewNsow

13. Netty

Good Monday morning all! Currently 16°C and clear. It's a long weekend here and today I plan on doing NOTHING :)
    Have a great day all!

14. toni

Good morning all. It's overcast out this morning. Our chance of rain the foreseeable future has left the building. Not supposed to go into the triple digits again for a few days but 98 and 99 are really not much cooler than 100 so the heat will pretty much be the same as last week.

Keeping our grand-dogs this week, sure strange to have doggies in the house again. Stormy is a Springer Spaniel and about 18 yrs old...Fred is a Jack Russell/Dachshund mix about 7 yrs old. Both are very laid back in their older years and very loving....no sitting in our chairs alone when these two are around.

15. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Toni,nice you get to keep your Granddogs .
    You know I was thinking our weather this season is like yours & others in Texas.Hot & dry.This week we are having high humidity which I don't think you get.We don't as a rule have to water everything.Just newly planted things & containers.I can't remember needing to water so much as this year.It's made me see the need for downsizing.Wow,what will Aug bring?
    sewNsow