The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 12°C and cloudy. This is the first morning in a long time that I needed a jacket and boots to walk the dog ... it's cool and dewy. Not for long though ... temperatures are expected to rise to 29°C today and a thunderstorm is expected later. We really, REALLY need some rain, so I hope it doesn't come with damaging winds. Back to work today ... every weekend should be a long weekend - I feel so recharged :)
    Have a great day all!

2. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, with the weather great I am off on a mini vacation to visit with relatives. No internet!! Tomorrow is Miss Liberty's Birthday if someone wants to post that, I know there will be fireworks and parades and everyone will be excited cookouts and lots of activities :) I hope the bees keep pollinating while I'm away. Everyone have a great 4th of July. Stay safe.

Jerry

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Gonna be a long day, grand-dogs got me up at 6 a.m. needing to go outside and since our fence isn't made for keeping dogs in, I had to go walking around out there with them. I'm thinking I really don't want another dog after all. :rolleyes:

The clouds of yesterday rolled around up in the sky all day and dropped about 35 raindrops on the truck about 6 p.m. and then disappeared.

4. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 18°C and clear. We had a lovely rain last night and the gardens are a little happier this morning. I swear those little zucchini's doubled in size overnight! I think I'll be able to pick them by the time I get home from work tonight! Happy 4th of July to all the American Stewbies :) HAve a great day all!

Advertisement
  5. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy hot 4th of July everyone!It is always hot on the 4th but this is ridiculous!
    Some areas cancelling fireworks but not around here.
    sewNsow

6. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

good day stewbies! it was 42F here this morning!

have a happy fourth!

7. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 18°C and clear. We broke some heat records yesterday, and will break more tomorrow, but today shouldn't be too bad. I'll be dragging hoses again today. Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. I got a few things accomplished in the garden yesterday, mostly pulling weeds, deadheading and ripping out the dead & dying. And cleared out the cosmos bed... even though there were a few blooms the 90% dead stuff was driving me nuts! And there's plenty of seedlings already growing, so it won't be bare for too long.

9. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 20°C and cloudy. Another record breaker today ... expected high of 36°C with humidex almost 50°C!! Heading in to work early to beat the heat. Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

Happy Friday morning! This has been the strangest work week with that day off in the middle. I've been confused about what day it is. Almost didn't get out of bed in time for work... I thought it was Saturday! :oops:
    But it should be an easy day, may even get out of here early. Not that I'll get anything done in the garden since it will still be too hot until around 6pm... but just NOT being at work is a good thing sometimes. :D
    Maybe we'll get some of that 30-40% chance of rain....

11. toni

Good afternoon, 99 out right now and still plenty of time for the it go up 1 or 2 degrees.
    The grand-dogs go home tomorrow. I will probably miss them but it will be nice to be able to sit in my chair without having one or both of them give the sad dog look begging me to let them sit with or on me.

Spent the mid-day shopping for a few dried herbs and some E.O.'s Got some ointments. hydrosols and salves I want to make.

12. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 22°C and raining! Yippee ...RAIN!!
    That will force me to get my housework done...tomorrow I garden. Picked the first 5 zucchini yesterday ... can't wait to stuff them! Have a great day all :)

13. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 17°C and clear. Yesterday's rain lasted until almost lunch time, and then the sun came out. I managed to get a sunburn on my shoulders! The rain was much needed, but really didn't soak the ground as I had hoped. I was out in the rain planting perennials and it really wasn't wet enough - I still had to water them in. The veggie garden enjoyed it and I picked another 4 zucchini by days end! Stuffed zucchini with dinner last night ... YUM! Laundry then out to finish weeding the gardens :)
    Have a great day all!

14. toni

Good morning all. Some parts of our area got around an inch of rain yesterday....my yard got about 10 minutes of spit. So I still had to drag the hose and forget that the sprinkler was on so that it ran for about an 1.5 hours and watered the sidewalk nicely. :rolleyes: That's what watching Castle will do to you ;)

Today we three are going to breakfast, then to see the movie Brave, then to visit my Mom, then to the grocery store, then home where I will finish making the Three Day Sweet Pickles, then I think I will collapse in my big chair with a glass of wine and fall asleep.

15. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. What a great one it is! It's been raining since very early... nothing heavy... just a good steady rain. I didn't get out of bed until 9:30... can't miss a good sleepin' in opportunity!
    And I didn't feel guilty... had a very productive day yesterday.... got all the mowing and weedeating done. Watered the fruit trees really well. Then it rained for a bit, about 1/2 inch. So with the ground nice and wet, it was the perfect opportunity to dig out some pecan trees that had sprouted in the wrong place. And of course some weed pulling. Also cleared up the old wheelbarrow and replanted with new stuff. "The Dragon" showed up to mow the pasture and tilled up part of the garden that's done. Then we fired up the BBQ pit and enjoyed the rest of the evening.
    Today.... hmmmm....supposed to rain most of the day.... so laundry and I guess I should do some housework... as soon as there's no one here to mess it up as soon as I clean it! :D