The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

The weather forecast said it was going to rain here at 11:45 am but they were wrong. It was cloudy so I went out to pull weeds. I started digging up the rest of the carrots because the tops died. Well, here came the sun and before I finished digging the carrots I was soaked in sweat and it was running down my face. 50 percent chance of rain each day for the rest of the week. We got .13 inches yesterday.
    dooley

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear. I'm off for an extra early start - my daughter and I are going shopping this afternoon :)
    Have a great day all!

3. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its cooler here today, might as well enjoy it, because the hot temperatures will be back tomorrow, and lasting all week.

We had a good weekend, busy but good.

Off to Toronto shortly, so have a great day everyone.

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, picture perfect days have peppered the past few weeks and today is one of them. The daylilies blooming everywhere with the seeds of several years ago providing some interesting flowers. Today Catherine Woodbury bloomed giving a non-scientific calendar bloom reference between Cheryl's yard and ours. If I can find her post on Catherine Woodbury I will have an answer. One of the front beds is getting a remake after 8 or 9 years. Places will be made for spring and fall divisions as well as new perennials from seed. Shade is now creeping into my work area, time to go.

Jerry

P.S. O.K. you weeds!! Be terrified!! Be very terrified!! :twisted:

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning! I ended up with 2 inches of rain yesterday. :-D And there's 30-60% chance of rain everyday this week. I won't know what to do with all that time I'll have on my hands from not having to water! Oh wait.... guess the weeds will really be popping up. Oh well...

6. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 11°C and clear. Another day of dragging hoses...this sure is getting old! RAIN already!!! Have a great day all!

7. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its going to be hot here today....the humidity is back, and lasting all week, weekend is supposed to be brutal.

I'm home today, but do have some errands for Brad.

Have a great day everyone.

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Cloudy here and wet. 60% change of rain today. It rained off and on all day yesterday and last night but the rain gauge only says .34 inches. Still it's wet and cloudy and I think I'll go out and see if the weeds pull easier.

dooley

9. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. Didn't get much rain yesterday, around 1/4 inch.... but overnight the good ol' rain clouds left another inch of the stuff! And there's a 70% chance of rain today. And these cooler temps are fantastic... we're barely reaching the 90s. What a contrast from last year at this time.

10. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, the tag mover was busy last night. Three tags migrated from their designated plants. I found one, as for the other two..... Today I have more deep weeding to do. Worms :) bugs :twisted: and old tree roots beware.

Jerry

11. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I know how to have fun on day off. Remodel-putting plywood on very out of square house.got one last small piece :p Both cat and dog ran upstairs when DH got air-nailer out.Glad it is small-so don't have to help lug it in from garage. Did work outside Very early. Still Praying for rain at least not as hot-just sticky.Go pound nails out of trim.

12. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Koszta,Ha ha,you sure do know how to have fun on day off.
    Good that it cools off at night.Daughter was here from Sat until this AM. Asked if we ever thought of central air.I said not much. But if this is the new normal,we might reconsider.
    sewNsow

13. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all! Currently 11°C and clear. I saw a garden center with a 50% off sign so I stopped and got some great deals! Came home with 3 black current bushes that were loaded with currents, 2 Peony, 2 Daylily, 3 Bleeding Hearts, 1 Shasta Daisy, Basil, 2 Rhubarb, and a Weigela :)
    Have a great day all!

14. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its a beautiful sunny morning here, however its going to be a hot one again....no rain in sight either.

I have a bunch of errands to do for Brad, was supposed to head down to Toronto but thats now most likely tomorrow.

Off to do some watering, and put the garbage out.....so have a great day everybody.

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I have been called to possible Jury Duty today. Will be back sometime later....I hope earlier than later though.

We finally got a little rain yesterday. It has been all around us and then there is Cheryl walking in puddles :rolleyes:
    But my yard got almost 1/2 inch so that covers my Wednesday watering. Hope we get more but I am not holding my breath.