The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good for you who have puddles.I'm off to do a bit of watering.
    Going to go look at a daylily garden later. Theory is I can look even if I don't pick out any new ones.

sewNsow

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Got just over 1/4 inch of rain yesterday. And there's a 90% chance of rain today. Wish I could share!
    Temps won't reach 90F again. The plants are loving it. I just have to remember to empty any standing water from the catch-trays of the potted things.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 19°C and clear. Looks like another day of dragging hoses ... this sure is getting old! Slight chance of rain on Saturday but next week is hot and clear all week.
    have a great day all :)

4. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. No rain yesterday for me.... but it sure is making up for it this morning! It started around 5:30. Super heavy rain all the way into work... one treacherous hour of driving. Hope my rain gauge can hold that much accumulation. And temps are only expected to be in the lower 80s again.
    I have not had to use the water hose all week! It's still laying right where I dropped it on Saturday. Yesterday I noticed that ants were using it as a highway! Guess they didn't want to get their feet wet! :D

Advertisement
  5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, as the day heats up the gardening retreats to shady parts. The frogs have the right idea, sit by the pool and occasionally jump in. I might do that except I know what lurks at the bottom of the pool, in darkness, waiting. I only go in with boots on.

Jerry

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! We have gotten about 1 and 3/4 inches of rain this week. Most came yesterday evening. I think we are just on the edge of the system that is soaking Cheryl.
    It's cloudy this morning with a 40 percent chance of rain this afternoon with temps in lower 80's.
    Rain is in the forecast for next 10 days, making it about every day this month when we haven't seen the sun except for peeks now and then.
    Depressing even if we need the rain!

dooley

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Sitting, being questioned, sitting, waiting in the jury pool from 9 until 2 yesterday. We did have a lunch break. Thankfully I wasn't chosen for the jury, it starts today and will probably be over tomorrow. Not that I don't want to serve on a jury just really not that one....Aggravated Robbery with a deadly weapon...against a woman...young strong guy....I don't think I could have been very nice to him. He had already pled guilty, but wanted a jury to determine his punishment. The minimum time he will serve is 15 years...but I have a feeling that he isn't going to get the minimum but the lawyers could give all the details to everyone, that's only for the actual jurors.

8. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Raining again here at the office. Will probably get some at the house too.
    All this rain got me curious about how much I've gotten.
    1/2 inch on Saturday, 2 inches on Sunday, 1/4 on both Monday & Tuesday. None on Wednesday. 3 inches Thursday plus 1 inch overnight. That's 7 inches of rain this week already.... and we have a 40-50% chance through next week!
    I don't think we had this much rain all of last summer.
    Hopefully they'll be a break in it over the weekend... gotta keep the weeds in check.

9. toni

Now you're just braggin' Cheryl ;)

Good morning all, still high and dry here. In fact we have entered Level 1 drought conditions again. Getting there later this year than last year but sadly we are heading that way again. Not seeing the triple digits for a while but it doesn't have to be that hot to be a problem when there is no rain.

10. dooley

Good morning! Just a tenth of an inch last night. Says possible showers this afternoon. We haven't had quite two inches yet this week. Rain in forecast through July 20th though so still time to catch up with Cheryl.

dooley

11. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 18°C and clear. Another day of hot temperatures and no rain. I'm wondering if the earth has shifted on its axis and we are where Texas used to be ... I don't remember a summer ever like this! Slight chance of rain tomorrow and then another week of temperatures in the mid 30's. Today, watering my own gardens, a quick trip into town and then sitting by the pool :) Have a great day all!

12. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Well... add another 3.5 inches of rain to my tally - bringing this week's total to 10.5". And I can hear the rumble of thunder in the distance. The ground is saturated and mushy. If there's a decent break in the rain, I want to feed everything. But my big plan for today... go rent a steam cleaner for the carpet and start on some serious housecleaning - which basically means "dusting" (which I hate) and cleaning the 'fridge.

13. dooley

Good morning! We went to the farm market but didn't set up as it was pouring rain when we arrived there. It's not raining here at home but there is rain in the forecast. We're still a lot behind Cheryl. Not sure what to do with the rest of the day.
    dr would like peach/blueberry cobbler so may go do that in a bit.

dooley

14. toni

Good morning all. 'Nuther hot and dry one in my part of Texas. Maybe a 10-20% chance of rain sometime for the next few days but that only means that 10-20% of the area will see any. And great totals are no expected. Then after tomorrow night it all ends and we head back to the triple digits with no rain to cushion the blow.

Netty, you have what south Texas used to have but I still have Texas summer up here. :rolleyes:

15. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 21°C and overcast. It's not raining, but at least it's not blazing sunshine ... that is getting a little overwhelming in this heat. There is a chance of a thunderstorm today, but I'm not holding my breath. Another day of dragging the hose ... sigh. Anyone know how to do a raindance?