The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 15°C and still dark. Busy day today then soccer tonight. Chance of rain overnight ... I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Have a great day all :)

2. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Yep....you guessed it, its still HOT here and no rain, although we are "supposed" to get a storm later today, we'll see.

I have to do some shopping today, and do a couple deliveries for Brad.

Off to do some laundry, while its still cool (haha).

Have a great day all.

3. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Weds AM. Supposed to be hottest day.What is a few degree after 100 ?LOL I have a table full of tomatoes to can & here I am playing on the pc.I put a bunch of my last photos on in Member's gallery.
    Uh oh! I had better go grab the hose!
    sewNsow

4. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I walked outside and said Thank You Lord. Got 1/2 inch of rain last night. Someplace had damage from high winds. Brother is riding on RAGBRI . Not sure how many people are riding their bikes in it this year. But he wanted to celebrate being 50-doing it first time. I could think of something else.Peddle bike across Iowa for a week. It was 105* where they stopped last night.

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. Rain all around me again yesterday... but not a drop at the house. Big weekend planned... my oldest brother and my sister are coming in from California to help celebrate one of my aunts' 95th birthday. The house is as clean as it's going to get... and I have a little more weeding to do then the flower beds will look decent. I took tomorrow off work... that will be my day to get the mowing done since I know I won't have time over the weekend.

6. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Koszta,Glad you got some rain. We only got a sprinkle. Not even enough to dampen pots.Wind sure came up but was over in 5mins.
    It is cooler this AM. Only going to get high 80s.
    sNs

7. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 18°C and pouring rain! FINALLY! It rained most of the night too, and my rain barrels and water tanker are full again - as well as every bucket I own :rolleyes: I also planted all the plants I had sitting around and they are all getting watered in nicely. I just hope it's not too late to save all the farmers crops. Have a great day all, I know I will :)

8. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 15°C and dark. We are losing 4 minutes of daylight each day so the sun wont rise until 6:04am. Yesterdays rain totaled 2 inches. Off to start my Friday early to get home early. Have a great day all :)

9. rockhound

rockhound In Flower

Yes, Happy Friday to all. Today I hope to work on moving my container garden, well more of it. Some is already moved. Sewer folks have to dig in the spot I had it in, the whole yard they have to dig right there! Oh well....

10. cherylad

Happy Friday evening. Had the day off work... so got the mowing, etc done and watered everything pretty good in the back. Before we head off to my aunt's party tomorrow afternoon, I'll have to water the stuff in the front. Having fun visiting with my brothers... can't wait to hang out with my sister.

11. LynnD

LynnD Seedling

Good evening! We had no power for a good part of the day so I gave myself the day off. My assistant stepped up and did any immediate work that needed done this morning (he's in Michigan and had power), my boss is just setting up temporary housing on the west coast till the beginning of Setptember so it was planned to be a quiet day anyway. Once I got power back I dashed off a few projects and then studied up on Garden Stew!

12. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its another warm day here, and we have Natalie's bridal shower at 1:30....lots of fluids!!

Need to go to the grocery store shortly, and get a few things, otherwise that's my day.

Off to get more coffee, so have a great day all.

13. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 14°C and sunny. Nothing planned today, just housework and a bit of weeding. I had to cut part of the lawn yesterday - first time in almost a month! Have a great day all :)

14. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Nothing new weather-wise around these parts. Dry and sunny and hot. Oh well... it is summertime, right? Going to water the stuff in the front this morning and then it's off to my aunt's 95th birthday party in Beaumont. Gonna be fun to see alot of the cousins. And of course the eat all that yummy food!

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Today is one of my allowable watering days, can't get everything watered be before 10 a.m. and we will be gone this evening so I guess the back yard will either have to be watered by hand with buckets of water tomorrow from the rain barrels or die cause I know nothing out there will make it a whole week without water.

I miss counted the other day...there are still 56 days until the astronomical beginning of Autumn. But that's only on the calender, real fall could be as late as the Winter Solstice getting here.