The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. LynnD

LynnD Seedling

Last week we bought a fire ring and brought it home, it has been on the bacak of the truck ever since....why? Cuz it weighs 600#. So a friend came with his backhoe to rescue us!
    We planned on breaking it in this evening but it is pouring down rain. Pizza anyone?

2. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, rain curtailed outside activities but the olympics are on so it's a good day.

Jerry

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. It 5am and I'm up before the birds! It's 13°C and another beautiful day is ahead...rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. Have a great day all :)

4. CrisGzr

CrisGzr In Flower

Good morning, it going to be a high of 84 today and a bit lower humidity, hopefully I can get some weeding done! If the yellow jackets allow. They have it out for me this year!

Advertisement
  5. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I'm off to Longwood Gardens with my favorite hubby today. Taking the red convertible....

Barb in Pa.

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. So far only 102 degrees but in summer the high temp usually isn't hit until about 5 p.m. Yesterday was 106 and Saturday was 104.

Got a new catalog from High Country Gardens today, will be making a fall planting order and trying to get nothing but waterwise plants this time. Apparently gone are the days of watering when the plants need to be watered and they are dropping like flies since I can't water more than twice a week so my dream plants will have to retreat to my dreams again to be replaced by other beauties.

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good evening! We spent the day inside trying to hide from the sun and heat. I tried cleaning my sewing room. Note the word "tried." It does look a little better. I gave dr a shelf for the shed so it has a bit more room. I've been thinking of sorting out the shelves of material. Note the word, "thinking." It all looks like work to me. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe!

dooley

8. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, a perfect day had me redoing an old flower bed. A facelift will look good for next spring.

Jerry

9. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its still hot here, and they are calling for rain later, i sure hope so, we need it!!

I was in Toronto yesturday, and today i am up at the Mennonites, and back in Toronto tomorrow.

Off to put some laundry in the dryer.....so have a great day!

10. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 14°C and overcast. There is a chance of showers in the forecast today. My daughter and I are heading to College today to 'register' her for classes in September. They have already taken all my money, but I guess it's not 'official' until the student card photo is taken :rolleyes:
    So that means a day off work, and maybe a bit of retail therapy :) Have a great day all!

11. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. I'll be taking big sis to the airport in about an hour and then go into work. I love having the siblings come to visit, but it will sure be nice to have my "normal" peace & quiet again. The plants and the dawg are probably mad at me since I have ignored them for days.

12. LynnD

LynnD Seedling

Good Day everyone!! We have flood warnings flying around here, tho at present, the sun is shining and birds are singing.

But I really hate this time of year. My boss bases himself in L.A. for the month of August, taking care of our west coast customers and his motion picture concerns. I just hate adjusting my schedule to his hours, I know, I need to suck it up! LOL! :rolleyes:

13. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 17°C with a hot, sunny day ahead. We had a vicious storm blow through here yesterday, taking one of my trees down as well as blowing branches and debris, almost blowing over my arbour and lawn furniture. It did leave some rain too, which I am thankful for. Off to work to start the cleanup. Have a great day all :)

14. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Good Morning All, we had 1/2 of rain yesterday...What blessing! we sure needed it. I hope everyone else can get some too.

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! No rain here, just hot and humid! Going out for breakfast and who knows what else we will get up to. Was too tired all day yesterday to do anything.

dooley