The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 15°C and windy. Yesterdays storms took away the humidity and it is NICE out there! And everything had a good watering! I'm off to work on this civic holiday and not happy about it. Have a great day all :)

2. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 18°C. It is starting to feel like FALL ... dark in the morning, cool in the evenings, fall plants are blooming ... so depressing! Have a great day all :)

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, today we are heading to a lake and jump in. :)

aaaaaaah :)
    Jerry

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Same ol' weather pattern around here.... 97F with feel-like temps of 107F. Had a little rain the other day, probably around 1/8 inch. So... it's just be the usual water routine.
    Going to do a little sprucing up in the flower beds this evening so they look presentable for my OTHER brother that's visiting for a few days... not that he'll notice... :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 18°C . Busy day today because tomorrow we are expecting heavy rain...40-50mm predicted. It just goes from one extreme to the other! Well, looks like I have to do 2 days worth of work today! Have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. I had a super nice surprise waiting on me last night when I returned home.... 3/4 of an inch of rain had fallen! yippee!!
    This morning on my way into work, I saw a semi-truck full of plants going into the "big" nursery... it's back "door" was wide open. I was kinda hoping a flat of them would have fallen out so I could have snagged them! :D
    Maybe Fall plants are arriving at the nurseries?
    Having lunch with two friends/ex-coworkers today for one of thei'sr birthday.
    Well... crazy weekend ahead... another one of my brother's from California will be around visiting... so not sure how much time I'll get to play out in the garden.

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's almost noon and I'm not started yet.
    We had a brief shower last evening and about 5 am we had thunder, lightning and rain for about 10 minutes but the rain gauge says .52 inches so I guess it must have rained hard during that brief time.
    It said 40 percent chance of more showers before noon but the sun is shining so I doubt it.

Have a great day, anyway!

dooley

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Afternoon all. No rain up here, overcast all day yesterday but not a drop fell on my yard. But on the good side, the high was only 96 so that streak of 100+ ended at 11 days in a row. 23 days total for the summer so far.

Only 42 days until fall officially arrives. And officially we have never had a 100+ day after Oct 3rd so maybe, possibly there is hope for decent weather in the not too distant future.

9. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 17°and raining. We had rain yesterday and are expecting 30+mm today. That gives me a day to get the housework done while my gardens and trees are getting watered :)
    Have a great day all!

10. toni

Morning all. 108 degrees yesterday!! Supposed to be a cool front coming through sometime today that should take the temps back down to the upper 90's to 100 for the next week or so. But still no rain.

11. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 18°C and foggy. And soggy. We have had a good rain now ... Thursday morning, Friday morning and then another torrential rain storm last night. Last nights storm was crazy ... the rain was falling so hard it was a matter of minutes before the driveway was a river of water. We even had some end up in our basement becase the sump pump just couldn't keep up! Damage was minimal, and now I'm convinced everything is well watered. The rain barrels, the tanker and all my containers are full, and so is our well. Today's scheduled rain showers I'd like to send to Toni please :D Off to do our back to school shopping today. Have a great day all!

12. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good Morning everyone. The sky opened up yesterday and 1.28 inches of rain kept the downspouts busy for several hours. Other areas received more, there were some tense moments as the weather people watched rotating cloud systems for tornados.

Jerry

13. toni

Morning all. Clear pale blue sky around here. I watered the front garden late last night, today is my official day to water but we are leaving in a few minutes to spend the day with Randy's parents so I had to sneak it in under cover of dark. ;)

It's only 75 this morning, feels really good after several days of overnight temp not getting below 80 and only 98 predicted for this afternoon. But all good things must come to an end...the 100+ temps return tomorrow.

14. cherylad

Happy Saturday night. I'm pooped! Starting working in my part of the yard at 9 this morning. Nearly 12 hours later and I still had more things I wanted to accomplish but the 100+ "feel like" temps had me taking lots of breaks. Tomorrow I must focus on getting the rest of place mowed and trimmed.... and watered. Plus I'm meeting with my best friend's DIL in the afternoon to help out with the high school's band calendar project. I think I'm going to bed early tonight. Ouch! Darn sunburn on my shoulders!
    (Okay... I admit... being dirty from head to toe and exhausted feels pretty darn good!)

15. Netty

Good SUnday morning all. Currently 16°C and overcast. Rain in the forecast today, and most of the week I see. When it rains, it pours! No rain at all in July, August is turning out to be the rainy month. Yesterday, a farm field not too far from me had a flood that washed away all the crops! The farmers just cant win this year!
    Yesterday I took the kids back to school shopping. Today - housework and grass cutting. IF the rain holds off.
    Have a great day all :)