The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Afternoon all. Another hot and dry one, the temp hit 101 at 1:45 and might hit 104 before sunset. Might be a chance of scattered showers in our future but they will be so scattered very few people will even notice them.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 16°C, with a seasonal high of 25°C expected. Off to begin another work week, have a great day everyone!

3. toni

Morning all. 105 yesterday but with any good luck today might be the last triple digit day for a few days. And I am hoping that Mother Nature looks kindly on me this weekend and lets the morning temps be down around 73 like forecasted....that's gardening weather for me. Not having done more than water the dying plants since late May, there is so much to get caught up on. Of course, most of the plants I bought in May and couldn't get planted before the heat set in are compost fodder now :rolleyes:

4. CaribooValley

CaribooValley Seedling

It's another nice day here, around 21C or so. Just fine for working outside in the garden and getting the lawn mowed.

Have a nice day :)

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Hot and cloudy here today. It says thunderstorms tomorrow which figures since I have doctor appointment at 11 am. Have to go down early though for fasting lab work. Another doctor appointment on the 20th. Different doctor though. Well, I hope it doesn't rain too hard.

dooley

6. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 17°C and overcast. We had a bit of rain overnight, and there is a chance of rain later today. I must remember to pack my rain coat for work today! Have a great day all :)

7. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Tues AM everyone.Finished canning tomatoes yesterday.What a crop we have.
    We've gotten about an inch of sloow rain.Sunday night it was very peaceful drifting off to sleep to the sound of gentle rain.First time this year!Maybe we will get a fall crop of turnips.
    I have been reading the long term outlooks for our weather.I happen to believe this season might well be the new normal.(':(');I usually would be looking to add new daylilies in the fall. Not this year.There are lots of succulents I've never grown.My flowers in containers were successful.
    This is a way to go.Fighting the weather conditions is a losing battle.(':)');
    I want to add a pergola to the yard.(':idea:'); It will be pretty & not require watering,except for the pots I decorate it with.javascript:emoticon(';)');
    It is very nice out there today.Back to high 90s tomorrow.I'm sure not ready for fall temps yet.
    sewNsow

8. toni

Morning all. 104 yesterday...just can't wait to see what triple digit number we reach today!!!

Skinning and freezing peaches today, I have almost a full bushel of them to do. My oldest daughter has a good friend who goes to Weatherford, Tx every summer for the peach festival and brings back many boxes of peaches to share. Then they go back about a month later and buy more boxes of peaches. I made several jars of peach jam with Southern Comfort last month....this month's jam will be made with Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum.

9. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good afternoon all.It was 104 degrees yesterday here.waiting to see wha today brings.Everyone have a great day.

10. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday afternoon. I was happy to go back to work today... the weekend was FULL! Did the usual mowing, weeding, watering. Plus spread more mulch to kill some grass. Monday we had a bon voyage BBQ for my brother that's visiting. Ribs, boudain, alligator, potato salad, beans... and ice cold beer! And for dessert a lemon cake. It was all yummy!

11. CaribooValley

CaribooValley Seedling

Sounds like everyone's weather is very hot! Another sunny day here, and I'm picking raspberries. It's a great harvest this year and I'm putting as many as I can in the freezer.

12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 12°C and foggy. We had a bit of rain overnight, but a sunny day ahead. My daughters last Wednesday night soccer game tonight. The season wraps up on Saturday with a tournament and BBQ. Wow, summer is almost over! Have a great day all :)

13. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, the sky has opened up and the rain has started. It has been raining for an hour so gardening has been cancelled. Some of the fall planting catalogs look interesting. Reading and rain go together. :)

Jerry

14. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Same ol' hot and dry weather here. But it seems the days are getting shorter so Fall can't be too far off. :stew2:

15. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Weds AM,Nice day out there after a cool night.Hot today & tomorrow then a definite cool down. Heard 40s mentioned.So not ready for cold..Always a lot of scurrying around here if frost is mentioned. What stays out,what must come in. Of course I just cover up good stuff.Before coming into greenhouse whole pot is submerged
    in soapy water.This stopped aphids but have to admit some whitefly eggs got in
    I am soo not ready for all this.
    Things have greened up after a little slow rain. But make no mistake we are still in severe drought conditions.
    sNs