The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Its 12°C this morning with a high of 27°C expected today. Hot, humid day with rain tomorrow.
    We've had more rain this month than May, June and July combined! Off to work, a chiropractic appointment and then the last Thursday night soccer game of the season. Have a great day all :)

2. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

YeeHaa! Was awakened this AM at 4 by the sound of thunder!.
    I just went out to check gauge,expecting about 1.5 ins (it sounded like it ).Not quite an inch,but hey,I'm tickled pink.Boy,the turnips will grow now! Wish I'd got spinach in
    but had to go for seeds.
    Hope some of you are getting rain,too.
    sNs

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, the thunder announced the 1.17 inches of rain that fell early this morning. The month of August has been rainy for the Northeast. No El Nino is predicted....maybe the rain patterns will return back to normal?

Jerry

4. CaribooValley

CaribooValley Seedling

It's kind of misty here this morning, and it would be all right if we had some rain. Then I wouldn't have to water the vegetable garden!

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Friday morning all! Currently just 15°C and breezy - great sleeping weather! I didn't want to get up this morning. Off to work, have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday morning! I'm ready for the weekend. They've even put in 40-50% chance of rain for Sunday.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. No more triple digits...for the foreseeable future anyway...lower 90's almost feels like fall :rolleyes:

We have a 60% chance of rain tomorrow, maybe my other semi-weekly watering day will be taken care of by Mother Nature too. That will keep the water bill down, speaking of another triple digit number. :eek:

Aerial spraying for the West Nile Virus carrying mosquitoes started last night in parts of Dallas County. Dallas County has been what they call the epicenter for the Virus this year almost 200 human cases with at least 10 deaths, haven't heard a number on animal deaths this year. Either tonight or in a couple of days they will be spraying Carrollton where I live.

8. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Friday! Quite nice day here. Still moist on top at least from little rain.Head gardener is doing some weeding.
    Don't know how cool it got overnight but noticed a couple plants looked a tad droopy & not from thirst.One was a Sunpatiens & other a caladium.I have a lot of tropicals so am not liking 40s temps yet.
    Neighbor said this AM on walk that he's 82 & not seen frost this early so we should be OK for field crops to mature. I said,hope so,but this might be a new ball game!
    sNs

9. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently just 8°C - brrrr! It is sunny and clear with a high of 22°C expected, perfect weather for todays soccer tournament. I'll be spending the day there so the yardwork will have to wait. Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Came home to 1/4 of an inch of rain yesterday. Just enough to give everything a drink... good thing too because I had to work late.
    Today's chores.... the same as every weekend it seems... mowing. I'll have to only do my garden area since the rest of the place hasn't grown much due to the lack of water. We have 50% percent chance of rain for the weekend... hope it comes in the afternoon and not evening because there's a benefit BBQ and Zydeco dance this evening. A friend's son was hit by a drunk driving and had to have one of his legs amputated. So... I'll be headed over there.

11. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, the evening and early morning rains continue as an additional .44 inches added to the monthly total. The Goldenrod is in bloom, sprinkles of yellow dot the garden background.

Jerry

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Rain here started around 6 am. .42 inches do far. In the forecast through Monday. More doctor appointments on Monday so hope it's tapering off by then. Good day!

dooley

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We go 3/4ths of an inch of rain last night....totally surprised me. Still a 60% chance of more later today.
    But that also suspended the mosquito spraying so I have to keep checking the city website for a new date and time. I have old sheets ready to cover the Passionflower vine to protect any Gulf Fritillary caterpillars munch on the plants.

But no watering needs to be done today. Wow that's both of my allowed watering days this week that good old Mother Nature has taken care of that for me. I am so tickled!!

14. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Sun AM everyone,Looks like several of you got some much needed rain.Especially glad to see Toni finally got some.
    Have been going around place to see no standing water in saucers,etc.Don't want a batch of those awful skeeters.
    Blasted neighbor has bunch of old tires in weeds just across fence from my yard.I sure hope they have completely dried out with sparse rainfall.These are good mosquito breeding grounds.
    sNs

15. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 8°C and clear. Some housework to do and then back outside to finish burning my brush pile now that the fire ban has been lifted here. Weekends should be longer.
    Have a great day all :)