The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. More rain fell on my gardens last evening, another 1.25 inches.....gives a total of 4.5 inches in one week. We haven't gotten that much in one whole month since March.

Usually the daytime highs start dropping down into the low-mid 90's after Aug 17th and steadily decline after that date. After this past summer and last, I am afraid to get my hopes up that the awful summer weather pattern has been broken for the year but secretly my fingers are crossed.

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. With the rain we got yesterday afternoon and overnight, I had 2.5 inches in the gauge this morning. Lots of loud thunder and the power went out overnight... and now my pump/filter for the aquarium won't come back on! Hope it's not fried, it's not even a year old.
    And there's a 60% chance of rain again today.
    Looks like the rest of the mowing will just have to wait. But it is perfect conditions for weeding... guess I'd better get out there and get it done.

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Gosh, I only got .54 inches of rain and I live between Toni and Cherylad. I kept looking at the radar map yesterday and it was mostly going on both sides of us. We got an off and on light rain, nothing heavy. I think they got more in town. they were having thunder and lightning and we didn't get any of it.
    Pulled weeds this morning. What rain we did get made it easier to pull. Having a break now but will go back and finish before it decides to rain on me.

dooley

4. Annette

Annette Seedling

good sunday morning.....still no measurable rain, but temps have cooled some. saw a humming bird having it's way with the cannas this morning while outside having coffee & weeding! i hope it tells it's friends!

Advertisement
  5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, a mostly cloudy day allowed for de-weeding one of the front flower beds. Transplanted daylilies and cut the wrong branch off a Japanese Maple. The day was 2 for 3. If the branch roots I will be 4 for 3. :) Gardening math is weird.

Jerry

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Sure feels like fall ... currently just 7°C! Off to start another work week. Have a great day all :)

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Good Morning from Ohio...It is COOL this morning :eek: The last few nights have been cool too. The Cucumbers have powdery mildew from it. :'( now I need to spray for it...

8. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Mon AM,Weather here is about perfect if we discount the fact that we are about 8inches below normal moisture
    level.No rain in the forcast.It looked promising last evening but sprinkles weren't measurable.Things are green though. Grass is growing. Got my feet soaked out there this AM. Heavy dew & sprinkles from last night. Quite cool
    & I suppose my zinnias will get those black spots grrr!
    sNs

9. oubee

oubee In Flower

Good morning everyone. Not so great a day. Suffering from a GWS (gardening withdrawal syndrome) inter alia as some work is going on my house's first floor such that I can't access my roof gardening. Last evening's drizzle must have been a godsend to my plants there. .. read the rest: http://www.gardenstew.com/viewtopic.php?p=245926#245926

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Started off to the doctor at 7:10 am, temp. was 63degs. It was a nice day and never did get too hot. No more rain yesterday. I don't know where it went but it didn't make it here.
    One mammogram and two doctors and we got home about 7 pm. It was a long day. No bad news today and I off two medications so I think it was a good day.

dooley

Netty and carolyn like this.
  11. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. It's a chilly 7°C this morning with only 22°C expected as our high today. Off to work ... getting lots of exercise this week as the Gator is broken and I have to walk to every garden with all my tools. Have a great day all :)

12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 9°C with a high of 26°C expected. Still walking today, but I'm liking the extra exercise. Picked pumpkins yesterday ... now it REALLY feels like fall! Have a great day all :)

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Netty please send some of that fall feeling down here, we are looking at a return of summer as the temps slowly warm back up into the upper 90's/low 100's over the next several days.

Not a very good morning really. I had a dentist appoint but I have some really neat little pink pills to help me get through those.
    My daughter is on the way to the Vet with their oldest dog, Stormy. Her body is shutting down from general old age, she is about 16 years old so the time has come but they have had her 14 of those years so this is hitting her and the grandsons very hard. I wrote a little about her in the Pet Memorial Thread forum and will post a photo there as soon as I find one.

14. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Laura I'm glad no bad details.

15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 11°C, getting hot and humid later in the day. Things are drying out again, so it looks like I'll be dragging hoses again.
    Have a great day all :)