The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Back to dragging hose around again. And all the small ponds look sad. Some the farmers cattle drank from . So having to buy tanks and haul water to them.

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday! Things have been so nuts for me lately... I feel like I don't even know what day of the week it is anymore! :D
    I got just a trace of rain the last two days. But the temps are definitely lower. Yesterday at around 6pm it was LESS than 90F! Our highs have been hanging around the mid 90s and there was a predicted low the other night for 69F (and no.. that's not a typo). :D

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 12°C with a high of 28°C expected. I have 4 words this morning - Thank God it's Friday!!! Have a great day all :)

4. cherylad

Happy Friday Morning! It rained pretty hard yesterday afternoon... 1 inch in the gauge and then another 1/4 inch overnight. 50% chance of the wet stuff today too. The expected high is 89F. Thank you clouds!

Advertisement
  5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, another picture perfect day, I will continue to work on a flower bed for next year. Moving some Iris is next. Selecting hosta to move in the spring.

Jerry

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Cherylad, why are you keeping all of the rain. We've had rain in the forecast but haven't gotten a tenth of an inch yet. Lots of high puffy clouds today but no rain. Sigh! It's hot and steamy here.

dooley

7. cherylad

I'm sorry Dooley. Wish I could share it! (and I got another 1/8th inch today)

8. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear. It sounds like a lovely weekend ahead :) Housework to do and then out to clean the pool. Gardens might get watered today too. Have a great day all :)

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. It's been a very comfy week, got some work done in the garden but the humidity is climbing and it's been a dry week so back to dragging hoses and watching the cracks appear in the soil again.

10. cherylad

Happy Saturday afternoon. I went and got a pickup load of mulch this morning to top off the "grass killing" area. I left home at 8:30 and had it all spread by 11am. Not too bad considering a few rain sprinkles tried to chase me inside. No way! It felt good! :-D
    But now it's trying to rain and the temps are down to the mid80s. I think I'd better take advantage of this weather and do some housework.

11. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 15°C and clear. No plans today, but it's going to be a hot one so it might turn into a lazy day. Have a great day all :)

12. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Sun Am everyone,It is a wonderful rainy day.This is the rain we have been praying for. Started raining light very early & now is steadily coming down.The kind that will be beneficial.
    Other half started cleaning the greenhouse.We need to replace one of the window sections. Patio door panel that got moisture in & turned cloudy.2 in 25 years isn't bad.
    sNs

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. We were sitting at a new breakfast place this morning noticing that the sun was going away which pleased me immensely...then it started raining. Surprised the heck out of me but it was about 20 minutes from home so there was no guarantee that my garden was enjoying any of it.

Stopped at Lowe's to get parts for a water barrel pump Randy is putting together for me and of course a few end of season plants from the sale table and it started raining....closer to home so there was hope building in my heart.

Got home and it had been raining but was letting up, then the bottom opened up and there is now 3/4 inch heading towards a full inch in the rain gauge. Of course this is after I ran sprinklers on the front garden for about 3 hours last night. :rolleyes:

14. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 16°C with rain expected. It's not raining yet, but hopefully it will rain long enough to water everythin deeply - and get me an early work day ;) Have a great day all!

15. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

It must have rained sometime during the night. I didn't hear it but had puddles and an inch of rain in the rain gauge. It was welcome here.