The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday evening. I didn't get any accomplished around the house yesterday because I volunteered to help serve chicken-spaghetti dinners at the church's fundraiser. But it wasn't all work... it was one of the young lady's birthday and her cohorts brought out margaritas to celebrate (after all the work was done of course).
    So today I spent most of the day out in the yard laying more cardboard and mulch to kill even more grass... specifically enlarging my daylily bed. Okay grass.... you can breathe easy for a while... I think I'm all done with that project. I was supposed to mow to the grass, but I ran out of time. Now I really need a shower and then fix some supper... or should I say "breakfast"... because that's what I'm hungry for! :stew2:

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. It's 18°C with a beautiful day ahead. We didn't end up with too much rain so I hope I won't be needing to drag hoses at work today. It is my sons first day back to school :)
    Have a great day all!

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, a steady rain is keeping garden activities to a minimum. Flower watching and hummers are the activities of the day. A hummer in the rain is like being hit with a bucket of water but they do like the salvias.

Jerry

4. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Back to work for some rest! :D
    Usual temps are back... 97 for a high TS Issac won't even be sending rain this far west. Hope everyone in his path stays safe.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 5°C with a high of 25°C expected. It sure feels cool, but it was fabulous sleeping weather! The heat turning up tomorrow and Friday and then the remains of Isaac are to put a damper on our long weekend. I'm thinking of Cajunbelle and Reggaefan this morning, who seems to be right on Isaacs track - stay safe!! To the rest of you, have a good day.

6. Jerry Sullivan

Good day everyone, the mercury headed for the basement as fall like temperatures covered the area. A preview of fall? The weekend will be back to normal.

Jerry

7. cherylad

Happy Wednesday evening. Only thing out of the ordinary around here today was the winds from Isaac. Nothing strong by any means... but it's been blowing all day. When I got home, it was from southeast. An hour later, it was coming from the northwest.
    Now there is hardly any wind and skies are clear. I think tonight is this Blue Moon? I'll have to go out and check later.
    Hope everyone in Isaac's path avoided too much damage.

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good evening all. Worked in the yard this morning and did several little but much needed things around the house the rest of the day. Dragging hoses tonight to get watering done....really is nice outside..only 90 degrees at 10 p.m. :rolleyes:

Cheryl, tonight is the start of the full moon cycle with the complete full moon being Friday the 31st just before 10 a.m. The next Blue Moon will not occur until July 31, 2015 so be sure to enjoy this one before it's gone ;)

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. It just started teeming from the heavens here suddenly so I got slightly soaked on my walk back! Oh dear.

10. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently just 8° with a high of 30°C expected. Today is my sons 16th birthday! Where has the time gone? Off to work, have a great day all!

11. Jerry Sullivan

Good morning everyone, the warmer temperatures are back, seed collecting is the order of the day. Stay ahead of the mice and birds.

Jerry

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Temps have been down to normal August for us lately...mid-90's and with the rain last week things in my gardens have gotten a new lease on life. Growth and blooms like there haven't been since April!!

But the sad thing is Sept will start with a string of 99's and 100's :rolleyes:

13. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Thurs AM,Glad some of you got needed rain. The week end rain helped everything. Grass needed cut. Weeds galore. Flowers looking good.
    But it is very hot.Maybe record breaking.Weather people on the news seem so excited about the prospect of breaking records.Not me LOL
    Someone on Facebook posted a Farmer's Almanac map of
    winter weather predictions.According to them my area is in for a colder & dryer than usual winter.Not what I like to hear. I have to see how accurate that Farmer's Almanac has been.
    sNs

14. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 19°C with a high of 32°c expected today. Off to another day of dragging hoses at work.
    Have a great day all :)

15. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Short day at work and then a 3-day weekend! Woohooo.... lots of time to play in the garden.
    Our weather is stuck in the mid70s to mid90s with 20% chance of rain for the next several days.
    And don't forget the Blue Moon's tonight!