The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I need to swap weather with you Cheryl. We have upper 90's and the likelihood of 4 days at 100+ starting with Sunday. The Autumnal Equinox is only 23 days away.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear. A mountain of dirty laundry belonging to my daughter has appeared - the morning before she moves to residence. Shouldn't this stuff be packed?? I guess I know what I will be doing today while she is at work :rolleyes:
    Have a great day all :)

3. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I will also be dragging the hose around. They keep saying we are to get rain but haven't seen any.Play pick up sticks from having 3 tree taken down.And they chipped a big truck load. Dh and DS + his best friend cut 2 pickup loads. got at least 3 more loads to cut up.

4. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

It has been raining since yesterday afternoon. My rain gauge this morning read 4 inches. It is only to get to 79 today but rain off and on. I am really liking this weather. wannabe

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Rain and 79 is better than cloudy and 96 degs. It said 80 percent chance of rain but it doesn't look like rain.

dooley

6. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 9°C and clear. Today is moving day for my oldest daughter - she moves into residence and starts college. Should make for an interesting day - 525 people trying to move in at the same time! Have a great day all :)

7. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

We didn't get a drop of rain from the hurricane.A few clouds hanging around today.It was nice yesterday to do garden chores wo the blazing sun. Breeze did cause further drying(':rolleyes:');
    sNs

8. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday afternoon. We got a little over 1/8th inch of rain yesterday. I kept the hoses going on "soak" the entire time. Today is sunny and hot (upper 90s). But I managed to get all the mowing and weed-eating done. Even managed to get the mower blades all tangled up in an extension cord that my brother had stretched out to charge the battery on the travel trailer. :oops: It got chopped into several pieces.
    Oh well... I'll just have to replace it.
    Now... to grab a cold adult beverage and go sit in the shade while I soak the plants in the front yard.

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all :D Hot but not overly hot day here.

Grab me one too!

10. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Well, It is Labor Day here...are you laboring? I will be. Will be a long and hopefully productive day. Apple drops to pick up, mowing under those trees, clean the basement for family tonight and the new shed too, baking for blood mobiles canteen tomorrow, making the pulled pork for tonight....I need to get a move on. Have a good day all!

11. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Just put a brisket and a pork roast in the smoker for later today. With all the rain from Isaac that has been around, I got a total of 0.10 inches here. I was able to watch it rain less than a mile away in all directions. I think I've been cursed.

12. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently just 9°C and clear. Needed a jacket when I walked the dog this morning. Yesterdays move in went well and my daughter spent her first night in her new place last night. It will sure take some adjustments at my end! Have a great day all :)

13. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning... and happy Labor Day to the US Stewbies. I think I got most of my Laboring done already... today will be a take-it-easy kinda day (which translates into I need to do a little housework).
    I'll be going over to one of my cousins later on for some BBQ.

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. Another hot one for us...100 yesterday and probably 102 today continuing through Friday. I wasn't home to get any watering done on Saturday now I can only hope I don't loose anything before I get to water on Wednesday. :rolleyes:

Frank likes this.
  15. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Labor Day! Beautiful day here.High 80s this afternoon. I have been trimming back & tidying up.Hubby pulling weeds in spite of my"stay out of that sun"
    I'm trying to decide what should go & what should stay.It is hard for me to part with plants & it carries over in trying to downsize books,magazines & clothes.I have a huge stack of gardening magazines & quite a few books.Nowdays there is so much info on the net that it isn't really necessary to keep all these books.
    sNs