The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 18°C and overcast. It is humid = muggy.
    The first day of school for my youngest, the second week for my son, and the first day of college for my daughter. One question ... what the heck happened to the summer?? It went so quickly, I can't believe its over!
    Have a good day all :)

2. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Glad to go back to work to rest up.I also weeded and cut back yesterday. Had to take many breaks. But cooled off in afternoon.We mowed. And I froze some tomatoes. Will do peppers tonight. Taking some tomatoes to guy. He said his didn't amount to much.Foggy this am-got small amount of rain for very short time.

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Spent all weekend cleaning. Cleaned off the back deck, cleaned bath, bedroom, kitchen,living room but not the sewing room. Done that a couple of weeks ago. Wanted to sew yesterday but ran out of the maroon thread I was using. Will get some tomorrow when I go for a bone density scan. Today, it was the truck's turn for a drive train inspection which it passed though they found a couple of other things that could use replacing. Will do that another day though.

dooley

4. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 14°C and overcast. We had a surprise rainfall yesterday ... almost 2" in the rain gauge! It was much needed and sure helps ease my work load today! Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. I am so tired of triple digit temperatures.
    103 yesterday and 100 so far today...with two more days of the same. Should be cooler this weekend but still no rain in the forecast.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Watered bushes and trees in front yard before we went to College Station today. It was 102 on the truck thermometer coming home.

dooley

7. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, the remnants of hurricane Isaac deposited 1.63 inches of rain and the area is bathed in humid air more suited for a mid summer day. I am transplanting flowers started this year for a redone flower bed. The bed will look a lot better next year.

Jerry

8. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 20°C and overcast. I think we are in for another hot, humid day today.Heading in to work and then around the lake to pick up my daughter from College. She is a little homesick and needs a few more things as well. Have a great day all :)

9. toni

Afternoon all. Another 103 day yesterday and again today and again tomorrow. But we are still waiting on that cool front sometime tomorrow night, then 3-4 days of overnight temps in the low 60's and I will be working in yard before the birds have fluffed up their feathers for the new day.

10. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday afternoon. 100F for the high here today. I'm also waiting on those 60 degree temps! Was just joking with a co-worker... gonna get up way early to enjoy that refreshing coolness... just like Toni!

11. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, getting the bulkhead door welded is the order of the day, it lasted 15 years from the last time it was welded. More seed gathering from Siberian Iris, hosta and false dragon heads.

Jerry

12. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 11°C and clear. Clouds are to move in later in the day and bring rain overnight. Picked up my daughter from school for the weekend so we can finish shopping. I slept much better last night with everyone home again. Work today, shopping tomorrow and then she goes back for another week. Have a great day all :)

13. toni

Good morning all. 104 was a record high temperature for yesterday, supposed to be the same today.
    Still no rain in the forecast, except for - oh well, nevermind...just noticed that the 20% chance for the weekend has been removed from the forecast.

14. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 18°C and pouring rain. It has rained most of the night and is supposed to rain tomorrow too. It seems we have gotten a whole summers worth in the last few weeks. I'm not complaining ... we NEED it! The ground is soaking it up too ... no puddles in the usual spots. Going shopping with the kids today. Have a great day all!

15. toni

GOOOOOOD morning all. I didn't get up as early as I had hoped, stayed up later than I should have. After midnight is officially Saturday so I watered the two north beds until about 1 a.m.

66 degrees at almost 9 when I did get up, windy and wonderful. Yesterday was a record 104 again and today should be only 85.....that's about 20 degrees that I certain won't miss.
    Maybe a small chance of rain next Friday but not any more likely to happen than the 20% chance we had one day last week that didn't happen.