The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Its abeauty.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently just 7°C but sunny. We had a few more thunderstorms yesterday - one of which knocked down the entire arbor and Wisteria vine! We fixed it, but boy that vine is heavy! A bit of work to do this morning and then driving my daughter back to her dorm for the week. Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning everyone! It's 8:30am... and it's 65F! The high is supposed to be 89F. The doors and windows are open, the AC is off. I've got mowing to do, but I'm not in a hurry since I don't have to try to get it all done before it gets too hot. I'm loving this weather.

4. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently a chilly 5°C and clear. Brrrr! Off to work - did I mention I hate Mondays? Have a good day everyone :)

Advertisement
  5. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Hot coffee taste good this am.Go to work to rest up.Picked 2 huge buckets of tomatoes. And pulled the plants. Got more then I could use. And will bring some to a friend + some peppers.All the cages in recycle bin.Only have to 1/2 day. Church member moved wants me to look aher house.Wish I had said no time. said would take 1/2 day to clean stove and frig.Now for another cup-have a good one

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! 64 degs when we went out at 8:30 this morning. Going to be 90 degs today. Yesterday, our a/c was not on at all, just open windows and fans. Not on today either. (yet)
    Fall may be on the way but I don't count out 100 deg. weather yet.

dooley

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I got up too late to enjoy any 60 deg temps, at 9 a.m. it was already 75 and climbing fast. Still much nicer than starting the day at 80 and climbing fast from there. We even have an air pollution watch Level Orange for today :rolleyes: Our AC still has to be on in the afternoons though, the mid-upper 90's are coming back.

Dooley, 100 degrees is definitely still a possibility. The latest date for 100 up here was Oct 6, 1951 when it hit 106.
    But I am really enjoying this weather while we have it.

8. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

It was only 46 here at 7 am this morning and got up to 79. The daytime temps are to be in the upper 80's the rest of the week. wannabe

9. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently just 4°C and clear. Thats just 4 degrees from frost which I am not ready for. Thinking about the events that happened on this day in 2001 ... I don't think I will ever forget where I was when I heard the news.
    Heading off to work where fall cleanup has begun. Have a good day all :)

10. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, a chill in the morning air had some animals rolling over for an extra 40 winks till the sun warmed the stiffness out of the plants. More seeds are putting the finishing touches on ripening and the pumpkins were into the orange paint again last night.

Jerry

11. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. We're still having nice and cool weather.... from 68 to 90F. It sure has been nice having all the windows open. Well... it was a sad day yesterday. My old rusty wheelbarrow planter just got too rusty and had to be put with the rest of the scrap metal. But on the brighter side... I have an empty spot that is needing "something". Hmmm... wonder what I'll find to take it's spot?

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Surprisingly it has been difficult for me to get back into the morning gardening routine again. You would think after about 4 months of being unable to do anything out there that I would be running out every morning, my brain tells me I want to but I just can't get myself to believe that.

Netty, I know what you mean. I was watching it all happen on TV. A short while later all Federal employees were told to go home since they didn't know if there were other targets....forgot to mention that Randy is a Federal employee which made it even scarier for me.

Frank likes this.
  13. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

A chilly Good Morning (52*) to all. Sure wish I could hibernate thru the next few months. Not a cold weather person at all. Have a good day.

14. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 8°C with a high of 27°C expected. Gathering things for our fall fair this weekend makes me realized how far ahead my gardens are this year. I won't have a lot of things to enter :(
    Have a great day all.

15. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Weds AM,I should be outside.It is supposed to rain toward evening & turn sharply cooler.Probably the nicest day for awhile.Oh well,there are certain things I need to do while I'm fresh,like get photos on computer from camera.
    It is amazingly green out there in spite of being about 8inches below normal in soil moisture.
    Going to take some of the summer shading off greenhouse today.I think we will soon appreciate the solar heat in the house.Going to have a big problem
    bringing in plants. Whiteflies seem to have migrated from bean fields to our yard & gardens.Getting all those eggs off will be next to impossible.
    sNs