The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, another tough day in the 70's with a sunny sky. :)

Jerry

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday afternoon. We're getting rain here at the office. Sure hope some goes to my house!
    Our nice little cool spell has disappeared... we're back to getting 90-degree temps. It sure was nice having the doors and windows opened all day/night. Back to using the AC.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 8°C and a high of 27°C expected. Today is the day we submit out items for the fall fair! The fair runs for 3 days every fall.
    Busy day so I'd better get to it! Have a great day all!

4. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Getting some rain. Glad I weeded last night. Was shocked how much. Tried to put too many plants in that area-hard to weed and not hurt another plant.. Watching many hummer right now. They love playing in the rain Wish I had more south window. And could bring plants inside. And teach Maddie Mae-not to play or eat them,

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Yesterday we got at least an half-inch of rain here at the office. At the house.. maybe half a DROP! :D
    50-60% chance of rain through the weekend. Hope some of it decides to visit me at home.

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Watching the state wide weather radar this morning shows a large mass of yellow/red/green heading for my location....YEEEHAW!! Oh.darn, I hope I didn't say that loud enough to scare it away :eek:

I spent 6 hours yesterday evening giving every portion of my front and back gardens a good drink in hopes the slightly forecast rain would hear about it and decide to teach me a lesson about doubting the weather people...I think it worked.

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We've had a little rain with some thunder and lightning. Just enough to stop them working on the road. We went up it today and it looks like it will be okay when they get the gravel on it.
    Right now it's packed down but if it rains it could get muddy.

dooley

8. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 14°C and overcast with rain in todays forecast.
    Off to our Fall Fair today ... have a great day all :)

9. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

The furnace is running.And Hot coffee taste good.And TGIF. DH was lucky cutting wood and new blade came apart. Hit tree and stopped. Said must had a nail in tree from years ago. Had last of beer can chicken last night. smelled so good on grill.

10. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. I returned home yesterday evening to happily discover 2.25 inches of the wet stuff in my rain gauge! :smt026 Everything had to love it, especially the grass that has been turning brown and crunchy.
    Today's forecast... high of 88F and 60% chance of rain. And more rain over the weekend. Normally, I'd complain about a rainy weekend, but I don't mind this one since I'll probably be stuck at the computer for at least one of those days.

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Cheryl is getting our rain again. We have had only .14 inches of rain so far but it's 80 percent chance today. The road isn't to muddy yet though.
    Happy Friday, everyone!

dooley

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. 65 this morning and feeling great outside. Overcast, cool but the humidity is at 81% so that's not comfy. But I have to get out and do something in the yard are I will be way to grumpy to live with before much longer.

My yard received a whoppin' 1/4th inch of rain yesterday.
    70% chance of rain at some point today but I don't see anything on the radar with the prospect of giving us that kind of odds :rolleyes:

Edited to add.....Oh my goodness, it's chilly outside. Just went out to see if there are any photo opportunities, there is a nice breeze and it's chilly....I LOVE IT!!!

13. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

We got a whopping 1/4 in of rain yesterday but the plants look refreshed & I won't have to water pots today.
    Koszta,my hubby goes wood cutting alone & I worry the whole time.
    Friends brought 2 special daylilies yesterday for helping them.I ordered several regular lilies.I thought it wouldn't be any fun without some new plants
    to watch next year.
    sNs

14. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 5°C and clear. It looks nice out, but it looks like rain clouds looming in the distance. We had heavy rains yesterday, which ruined the plans for the fair. We will go this afternoon. Have a great day all :)

15. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

Good Morning from a very cloudy but so-far dry in my part of the UK.

Sadly,not much time for the garden today as we're getting ready for our hall,stairs and landing to be decorated this week and we still have a bucket load of jobs to do.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday.