The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 10°C and clear. There was a thick fog this morning but it has since burned off.
    Off to buy my daughter new skates today. We bought new ones this spring a size too big so they would fit but she has grown too much this year. A bit of other shopping to do too. Have a great day all :)

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Rain here this morning. Already two inches in the rain gauge. Our new road is beautiful. No slipping and sliding up the hill. Roads at the top are not so great but good enough.

dooley

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We have had a steady drizzle since early morning,but not even enough to measure in my rain gauge :eek: And from the look of the radar all the measurable rain will stay to our south and east, as usual. Right now there is a large hole forming in the storms and it's right over the DFW area. Looks like I will be watering the garden this evening like any other Saturday.

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday afternoon. It started raining here very very early morning. By noon, I had just a tad over 4.5 inches in the gauge. And more rain is supposed to come this evening.
    I've been having issues with my yahoo email... so called them up this morning... well it turned out not to be yahoo, but one of those "clean/fix your computer" companies. I went ahead and paid for them to go through it, because I know there have been lots of problems with it. Now I'm going to be testing and testing it to make sure it is running at top notch speed... or else they will be hearing from me again.
    And oh yeah... they couldn't fix the Yahoo problem... said I had to contact Yahoo for that! DUH! I knew that! But the guy did give me the number to call. So they will be getting a call tomorrow.

Advertisement
  5. dooley

It's been raining here since last night. We now have 2 and 9/10th inches in the rain gauge. It looks like we will have a little more before it quits.

dooley

6. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 4°C and clear. Weatherman said we were getting rain today, but I can't even see a cloud! Busy day today, lots of cleaning to do plus closing the pool for the winter. The trees are starting to put on their show and the colors are pretty. Have a great day all :)

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. As of this morning there is 1.5 inches of rain in my gauge and it is very much appreciated by the plants. Could be a little more today but not much if any.

Heading down the Randy's parents for the day. It's their 61st anniversary. Be back on tonight.

8. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. I got another inch of rain last night and there's a slight chance for more this morning. All of the plants, trees and grass looks so happy now!
    No plans for the day.

9. dooley

Good morning! We are up to four inches now. I'm liking the new road. No more creekbed to traverse in rainy weather. Still raining a few sprinkles. It does say we could have off and on showers this morning.

dooley

10. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Taking it easy. Too much work yesterday. Threw wood in basement that was all dry. And cut down lot of spent flowers-cleaned out 3 containers After church was going to do lot more-but only in my mind.Put roast in Oven for late supper. Do some tax paper work.

11. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 12°C and overcast. There is a chance of rain today, but I hope it holds off. Another busy week at work so off I go! Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Yesterday was a cool, very windy and drizzly... yucky-make-you-stay-inside weather.
    Today though...the low was 58 and the high should only be 88 and there's not a cloud in the sky. Should stay this way for the rest of the week.

13. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning all. It's definitely getting colder these days. Some blustery wind and showers yesterday but today is looking a bit better!

14. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 7°C and overcast. It seemed so dark this morning that I took a flashlight on my morning dog walk. I hate it when the days get shorter! Another busy day ahead and then shopping for groceries. Have a great day all :)

15. rockhound

rockhound In Flower

Happy Wednesday to everyone. Hope you all have a good one today, :)
    Weather promises to be clear here in z7 TN, no rain. Nice fall day...wonder how many more we'll have before the lousy winter weather sets in? Frost possible for this coming weekend they say.