The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Cool here this morning, too. 54 degs. Maybe I can finish pulling those weeds and be done with it.
    I could plant some seeds, too, before the vegetable beds are filled up with more grass and weeds.

dooley

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Foggy start to the day with temps in the low 60s. Our high should only be in mid 80s... and there's a cold front headed this way, tomorrow's temps will be at least 10 degrees cooler.
    Today's main garden chore... transplant some daylilies from a container into their newly expanded bed. And then plant by Calla bulbs in said container. There's lots of other little things that need to be done, so I'm sure I'll be puttering around out there all day.

3. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Sat AM. Our nice temps came to a screeching halt.Only a few hardy subjects left.Flowering Kale is looking good. Mums got covered because they have just got started blooming.I walked this AM but will turn to boring treadmill soon.I still have my hibiscus to move in greenhouse. They are in snug shed now.
    We are now needing 12 inches of moisture to return to normal.This seems serious to me.
    sNs

4. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

this is long John weather.Cold winds comes off what is left of Iowa River.Dh got on very top of roof and cleaned chimney With one of those brushes.I just started wood burner. I also moving container inside.Got things covered up left blankets right beside the plant.

Advertisement
  5. dooley

Good afternoon! Everyone will probably laugh but I am cold. I'm going to put on a long sleeve shirt. It's only 62 degs according to our thermometer. No sun at all today. Tomorrow is supposed to only be in 60's too. It was just upper 80's during the past week. Feels cold to me.

dooley

6. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning.And I'm cold too Dooley. :-D
    It's still in the low 50s at 9am. And it's totally overcast. And it's windy! The high isn't expected to reach the 70s. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer... and then we gradually work our way back up to the low 90s for the high.
    My usual attire has been changed for today. Instead of shorts, tank top and flip flops... I've got on sweat pants, t-shirt and heaven forbid... when I am ready to venture outdoors in a little while... I will have to put on socks and tennis shoes. :eek:
    I'm glad I got most of my gardening chores done yesterday. I transplanted some daylilies, planted some Callas, transplanted the Shrimp plant. Up-potted my two African Milk Trees. Plus Hubby got the riding mower fixed... so we did the mowing after we trimmed the trees in the fence line. All that is really left to do is the weed-eating/trimming. But that's just gonna wait until the temps at least reach the 60s.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

GOOOOOOOD morning all. A nippy 48 here this morning and not supposed to be much over 60 later. But sadly the temps will start going up over the coming week and we could very well hit 90 again by Friday :'( Still no rain with this front and only a slight chance of rain later this week. :rolleyes:

Pie pumpkins finally showed up at the grocery store so I have 4 of them to cook today. Think I will cook them in the oven so it will warm up the house a bit.

8. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Sun AM,Sounds like some of you have had more of a temp change than me.It's nippy out there but about normal for fall weather. Summer 1 day & winter the next.
    I didn't go in the garden yesterday but hope to today.
    Lots of picking up to do.I will still go out in the spring & say"I thought we cleaned this up last fall".
    sNs

9. dooley

Only 40 degs here this morning. It's warmed up since the sun came out. It's supposed to be 69 degs today. It feels colder because it's windy. Strange, a/c one night and a light blanket the next night.I woke up cold and someone put a blanket over me. Now, I'm wearing a sweatshirt for the first time since about March. I'm not going outside until the wind dies down. dr started a fire in the stove this morning and Chance claimed a spot right next to it. But, a couple days and we'll be back to a/c and summer clothes.

dooley

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all and Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian Stewbies!
    It is currently just 2°C and overcast and we have a fire burning in the woodstove. We had a wonderful Turkey dinner last night because today I have to take my daughter back to college :( I loved having her home and I get to look forward to a whole week with her home in a few weeks. Going to have a nice breakfast and then start packing to go. Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

Happy Monday Morning and Happy Thanksgiving to y'all up in Canada.
    Today looks like it's going to be a repeat of yesterday's weather. 50s for the low and a high in the low 70s. It's less windy and if the sun comes out it like it did around noon yesterday, it's going to be gorgeous. We spent yesterday cleaning up our travel trailer to sell. Will probably do some more to it today. And it's one of my aunt's birthdays (81)... she's the one that loves plants, so I got her a Croton and Hubby picked her a mess of okra.
    Nothing really to do in the garden, but maybe harvest some seeds. Although if it does warm up enough, I would like to get out there are re-work the bird bath/fountain.

12. dooley

Good morning! It' still cool this morning. I decided to say cool since My brother says cold is below freezing. It was 28 at his house in Springfield, Missouri.
    It rained in the night but not much and it's supposed to be 70 today so maybe the day will be better than yesterday.
    Did get a lot of weeds pulled yesterday though.

dooley

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 1°C and cloudy. Its going to be hard to go back to work after such a great long weekend! I need to go just to work off some of that turkey ;)
    Have a great day all!

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good afternoon all! The weather is cold but pleasant today. I'm inside most of these days working on some technical stuff for Stew, it's nice work when it's not sunny outside :) Have a great one all!

15. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Going to city and stock up on winter things. And baking supplies. Things for church.And get home and divide iris. Was told to look for bores. But planting big Mum in one area.