The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -1°C and sunny. We finally had our 'killing frost' last night so it's time to clean out the gardens. Rain in the forecast for this afternoon and tomorrow so it may have to wait. I'm still wondering where summer went? Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Another warm day today... but changes in-store for tomorrow with a 50% chance of rain and some cooler temps behind it. So... I'd better get out there and get my chores done.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Starting out kind of warmish and going into a little less than hot later today. Still no rain so I am watering. Possible rain this evening, one of the weather prognosticators is even including the words....large hail, damaging winds and possible tornadoes in the forecast for later today. We'll see. :rolleyes:

4. toni

Good Sunday afternoon all. This sunny part of the day started late for me. But the actual 24 hour period called today started while we spent about 2 hours in the ER with Mom last night then met the ambulance taking her back to her apartment at the senior living center to get her settled back in. She fell because her bad knee gave out on her while walking to the restroom nothing broken but turned her ankle and has that immobilized for a few days. She is back to cranky self so I think that means she is feeling pretty good today.

Came home had a couple of glasses of a nice blush colored adult beverage, watched a couple of episodes of Cake Boss on NetTV and got to bed around 4 a.m.

Advertisement
  5. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

We got over 2 inches of much needed rain. South of Iowa City got 5-6 inches. Sure helps-but about 12 inches below normal.But glad to see puddles.

6. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 14°C with the temperatures expected to drop to just 7°C by 2pm. Cold front blowing in later and cool temps for the next few days. Off to work for the final week of fall clean out. Have a great day all :)

7. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Well... only a few drops of rain yesterday. So glad I watered on Saturday! Today is a little cooler... highs should be in the mid80s.
    But no rain in sight.
    Except in the parking lot here at the office... looks like this is where all the rain went.

8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 1°C and overcast. Weatherman promised me sunshine today, I hope he is right! Winding down the season...just cleaning out the gardens now. Have a great day all :)

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon to you all. A very pleasant, sunny but slightly windy day here. Going to be an unsettled week though! Have a great one!

10. toni

Good morning all. 64 degrees right now and very overcast...two of my favorite weather situations. I have plants to put in the ground, just have to figure out where :rolleyes: I really should stop buying plants..don't let Randy hear that....but I don't see that happening until the garden centers have nothing left. ;)

Frank likes this.
  11. Frank

Good afternoon all. Wow it made a lot of rain last night! The ground is still so wet everywhere.
    Have a great one!

12. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. We're on a weather roller coaster here. Yesterday, there was only a very slight chance of rain... it rained all afternoon, but only left about 1/3 inch in the rain gauge. It did create a nice and cool evening. Today... it's supposed to be sunny with a high of nearly 90F. Then tomorrow... a cool front is due bringing the temps down 10+ degrees. Then... back up to the uppper-80s.
    I'm thankful for the little bit of rain we got... and I know the plants really appreciated a good drink from Ma Nature.
    But... I bet they are so confused with all these weather changes!

13. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 10°C and clear. Thursday already? Time flies when you are busy! Just 2 days of work left for me and my daughter comes home from college this week for 10 days :)
    Have a great day all!

14. Frank

Good afternoon all. It's been raining most of the time here the past 2 days. My folks (farmers) are getting really frustrated as there are potatoes to be picked!
    Have a great one today!

15. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. A cool front is moving through the area dropping our temps about 10 degrees. Today's high should only reach 82F. Can you say "aaahhhhhhh"! :stew2: