The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Nice crisp morning here, we get one about every two weeks as a tease, I think Mother Nature can be a not very nice entity sometimes :rolleyes:

Picking up pecans this fall, haven't had a good crop in about 5 years but it's looking pretty good this year.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 10°C and overcast. We had some rain overnight.
    Last day of work and then driving up to pick up my daughter. Thank goodness for the weekend ... it was a busy week!
    Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday morning. A nice cool start to the day with temps in the mid50s and our high should barely make it to the mid80s. It's just too gorgeous to be inside working... so I'm taking off work at noon... plus I have a 3-day weekend. Lots of time to enjoy this beautiful weather!

4. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

TGIF and have today off. Through more dry wood in basement.Just trying to get energy. And take window out to get us started.To get more rain later.Taking some iris to friend.First house-no $$$ for plants. So can share with her

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Nice day here. Spent the morning going to two yard sales. Went to breakfast,late and then to thrift shop. Found material at one yard sale, pink. Need to sort through other stuff we bought and then go plant stuff I bought yesterday.

dooley

6. toni

Good evening all. It was a nice, nippy day. Finally able to turn the AC's off for the whole day and leave the doors open too.

I made candles instead of playing in the dirt.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all. Today is the start of annual potato picking on my folk's farm. It may take 2-3 weeks or so. Hoping the rain stays away!
    Have a wonderful day all :stew2:

dooley likes this.
  8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 9°C and cloudy. Rain in the forecast today and tomorrow so it looks like I'll be working indoors most of the day. I have gardens to clear out and bulbs to plant if it doesn't rain. Have a great day all :)

9. toni

Good morning all.
    Yet another mid to upper 80's day, clear blue sky and not a chance of rain. Today is my watering day and I have till 10 a.m. to get the front yard done. The back will be hit or miss this evening if we get home in time or it will have to wait until Wednesday. :rolleyes:

More candle making today, today will be Bayberry, Patchouli and ummmmm, Pine I think.

10. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday afternoon. We're having a gorgeous day here. Started off with temps in the upper 50s and hasn't gotten any hotter than the mid80s. LOTS of sunshine and a mild breeze. It doesn't get much better than this! :-D
    I spent the day just piddling around... trimmed dead branches out of trees. Picked pecans. Got my Oriental Lily and Tulips in their containers. Played with the dog. And started giving everything a little drink.
    There's a few things still blooming, but I do believe most everything is starting to shut down now.

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Was a beautiful day here. Some sun and some clouds but around 80 degrees. I planted brussel sprouts, red cabbage, broccoli, and lettuce. I pulled weeds in the small back garden. I'll hoe it up tomorrow if my knees are still in working condition. I have some beans and maybe some flowers to plant in there. Spent most of the day outside.

dooley

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all. Yesterday we starting the year's spud-picking. Thankfully the weather stayed nice and we are promised pretty dry weather up until at least Wednesday. We used buckets and picked by hand but today I think the field will be dry enough that we can take out the harvester!
    Have a great day all!

13. Viceroy

Viceroy New Seed

Good Morning,

55 degrees@7:30 this morning means I have to start looking my long johns :'( Brrrr!

14. toni

Good morning all. Today started out at 75, yesterday the high was 88 today it's supposed to go on up to 90...I don't like warm Octobers :rolleyes: Next weekend just might be better weather...cooler and wetter, maybe.

Frank, I hope the potato harvest gets finished before the rain starts again.

Frank likes this.
  15. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, it has taken about a week but we have finally recovered from vacation. :)
    The camera worked overtime capturing just about everything we saw along the way.
    The Thanksgiving Cactus has 214 or 217 buds on it(depending on how you count. O.K. I was curious and counted them. Oh, it's an election year I hope the SFCTCB does not want a recount.
    Oh nuts, the Oak trees are falling apart again. Time to gear up for W*****.

Jerry