The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday night. Another glorious day in SE Texas. It was at least 10 degrees warming this morning than yesterday... but we still enjoyed mild temps in the mid80s with plenty of sunshine and a refreshing breeze most of the day.
    The only real garden project I worked on today was clearing out grass from around the young trees (Crape Myrtles) and some other plants in the front yard. I also layed down some newspaper and cardboard and mulch to help keep the grass at bay. And, now it looks like I should I "claim" that stretch and make it one long bed... no more mowing/trimming between each plant. Sshhh.... don't tell my brothers....

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all. Nothing to report other than it's Day 3 of the spud picking today. My legs are aching this morning!
    Have a great day all :D

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 3°C and overcast. It seems very DARK this morning! It's my first day home and there is so much to do I don't know where to start! Maybe I'll start by making a list of things to do :) Have a great day all!

4. Frank

Good morning all. It's Day 4 of the potato picking today although we're not sure if the soil will be dry enough yet. It's torture working with damp soil. It's very tough on the digging machinery.
    Have a great day all!

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 9°C and raining. One of my children is home sick with a stomach bug today, poor thing threw up half the night. I hope she feels better soon. It looks like I'll be staying home and cleaning today. Have a great day all :)

6. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 9°C and overcast. I got all my Hydrangeas cut back yesterday, but there is still a lot of work to do out in the gardens. Tomorrow's temperatures are expected to reach 20°C so that makes for good working weather. Today I'm making some pulled pork in the crock pot and doing housework. Have a great day all :)

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. We're still having warm and gorgeous weather... highs in the mid-to-upper 80s. BUT there's a cold front on the way over the weekend with talk of lows in the 40s! I better make sure the furnace is lit.

8. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Going to plant some tulips after work.Was going to do last night dh chased me into house said I had done enough.Went a day without wrist brace. Big NO No. Did plant few very early this am-Not tell.

9. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, are we ready for the Great Pumpkin to rise up out of the pumpkin patch? Those of us on the east coast might just have to deal with a young lady named Sandy. Perhaps she can be scared out to sea.

Jerry

10. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Weds AM,Supposed to have near record highs today.We might near the record set waay back in 1899.Those weather folks absolutely love to use the word "record".LOL .I just figure the warmer it gets the more chance of severe weather.

It felt like spring walking this AM.We have to go later because it is dark out.
    Will be a problem after daylight saving time ends.Won't be my problem because I will wimp out & start walking indoors.
    sNs

11. Frank

Good afternoon all. The potatoes are dug! That's the most important news of the day :D
    Have a great day all!

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Foggy here this morning! Went and done errands anyway. Now, to sewing. We are going to the Barbecue Cook Off on Saturday. Been busy sewing barbecue aprons. Each has six big pockets for sauce, tools, etc. Been making shopping bags, too. Started with sister who lives in California. They can't have plastic shopping bags now and have to pay 10 cents each for paper bags. So, I made her several shopping bags. Will make some for my son, too. And a cousin. Lots of family living in California.

dooley

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Today 86+, tomorrow 80+, Friday 56!!!! Yea!!!

Frank so glad to hear the potatoes are all harvested, ground dried out enough to let the harvester really get busy?

We went to a memorial service for a friends 91 yr old Dad, then to the cemetery for the graveside service complete with bag piper, then to her home for a wake with a touch of the Irish. Food, wine, hot fudge sundaes because that was her Dad's favorite and an Irish toast with 36 yr old Scotch because Scotch was his drink of choice.
    Lots of memories and stories shared and almost some dancing in the kitchen, especially after that Scotch. ;) But it was a great send-off for a WWII veteran who flew both B25's and B17's.

14. Frank

Yes Toni the ground was much better today :smt023. The yield was very poor this year however as we had the wettest summer on record.

15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 10°C and foggy. We are expecting highs of 22°C today ... yay! Shopping to do and then hopefully outside to work in the gardens.
    Have a great day all :)