The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. There's a slight chance for some rain today... last time they said that, we got a couple inches! :D Not much going on until the weekend... cool front promising to finally bring some fall temperatures.
    Have to stop on my way home to visit one of my aunts... she turns 90 today! All of her children (11) and their spouses and kids... and grandkids... and great grandkids will be in town this weekend. I told them that we had an extra room if anybody needed a place to stay. So I better make sure the room is ready.

Frank and toni like this.
  2. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Dh going to buy couple new storm doors.Winds about ripped on off the house Monday. Planted Tulips in PJ"S quickly. Rain was coming.To be 20 degrees colder Friday. Now to recycle center and to work.

3. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Hi all. I got new glasses today, my old ones broke Sunday morning. So I was nearly blind for 3 1/2 days >_< Got 2 pairs this time in case 1 pair breaks, cost me around $450 after insurance *eyeroll* Need better insurance next time...

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon to all Stewbies. Boy is it a cold wind outside today! It would wake anyone up instantly.
    Enjoy your Thursday!

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 6°C and overcast. Hoping to get the last of the garden clean up done this morning before the weather turn on me this afternoon. Looks like the weather is all downhill from there :(
    Have a great day all!

6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

This is one of those days could stayed in bed to noon. Haven't done that for years.But glad DS was early 4am. Wood burning and coffee made. At least winds have died down.

7. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. The cold front is slowly getting here. Our high probably won't reach 70F today. And the lows expected for the next couple of days should be in the mid40s. We do have a 30% chance of rain today.
    Big weekend coming up... the church is having their big Bazaar... starts tonight with the first of two Zydeco Dances... I'll be there, but working in the kitchen. I'm going to be so tired come Monday morning. :-D

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Gray and cold this morning. Mushroom Festival tomorrow and Barbecue Cookoff. I'll be at the barbecue cook off.
    Hope it isn't this windy!

dooley

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. The cold front moved through here about 5 p.m. yesterday and the temperature dropped from a high of 81 deg to a low this morning of 47....YeeHawwwwww!!!
    Of course, there was no rain for my yard with it. I forgot to water on Wednesday and we will be out of town on Saturday so my plants will miss two watering days and as dry as everything is they won't be happy with me when we get home Sunday afternoon. :rolleyes: I will be watering heavily on Wednesday, no rain in the foreseeable forecast, that's two weeks.

10. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Fri morning,What a change a day makes! Yesterday springy,until afternoon & it started dropping like a rock.
    Bigtime computer problems.It crashed like the temperature. See computer forum if you want gory details.
    sewNsow

11. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 8°C and pouring rain. Got the garden cleanup almost done yesterday and some spring flowering bulbs planted. I also got most of the outdoor furniture put away. Today we will work on halloween costumes and get groceries. Have a great day all :)

12. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Going out preparing for Sandy to come visit us. Firewood in, gas cans filled, generator test driven, lost of chicken food in stock, filling all the cars, lots of water drawn in baskets and left hear kitchen sink. Forgot a gazing ball during the fall clean up so we have to go get it.

Could have 70 mile winds on Tuesday..... :eek: Super storm.

13. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. A beautiful cool sunny day here. Our overnight night lows were in the upper 40s. That, with the winds, kept the crowd pretty small at the Zydeco Dance. But tonight is supposed to be the big one.... bigger-named band and nicer weather.
    Not sure if I'll get anything done outdoors today since I'll be out in the cold all night again. I'll at least need to check to see if something is dry or has blown over.

14. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 4°C and overcast. It poured rain all day yesterday and the ground is saturated. Sounds like another storm is on the way for this week - 'Sandy' is expected to bring heavy rains and high winds to our area. It's a 'noreaster' so I expect it will last 3 days. It's not looking like a good halloween for the kids this year :( Taking my oldest daughter back to school today ... those 10 days flew by!
    Have a great day all!

15. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! A bit of rain today after a few dry days but it's sill darn cold! Frost as well yesterday morning.
    Have a great Sunday all!