The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was cold here this morning. According to thermometer on our back deck it was 30 degs. Sun is shining and supposed to get to 65 today and be in 80's by Thursday.
    Chocolate chip cookies made, bread going into oven if a few minutes. House nice and warm. Fire in stove to warm living room.
    dooley

2. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good afternoon everyone, the hatches are battened down and preparations are complete for the pending arrival of hurricane Sandy. There are a lot of concerned people along the coast that will be effected by a storm surge as high as 11 feet in some areas. Inland people expect the power to go out. Generator sales have been brisk with many locations selling out. Judging by past experience, widespread power outages, despite the efforts ahead of time, will plunge many parts of the east coast into darkness. Utility companies will again be tested on their preparedness, this time however, they will not have to deal with snow accumulations. As with all major storms of this nature it is prudent to heed the advice of those officials charged with our safety and disaster relief. Good luck to all those in the effected area, be alert, be safe.

Jerry

3. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Good morning all. We were spared again from the storm. Got a little rain and thats all. Thanks for caring. To all still in the storms path, please stay safe. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone. It's 5:30 am here and no rain yet. We do have a slight breeze. This thing is 900 miles across. WOW It's still going north and not turning west yet.

My hubby is on his way to work but won't stay all day.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 5°C and raining. Sandy is expected to hit here later this evening. We have already had 4 days of rain so any more torrential rain from Sandy is sure to cause flooding. The high winds expected will probably topple trees, roots and all. Battoned down the hatches just need to go fill up my water bottles. Have a good day all and stay safe.

6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning. My grueling weekend at the church bazaar is over. Since I was there Friday and Saturday until about 3am and all day Sunday, I didn't get a chance to do anything at home or watch the weather reports. And guess what? We had two days of low temps in the mid 30s. Yikes! Some of the plants should have been protected. And there was a very light frost on the windshield this morning but temps will quickly get up to the 70s. And I just watched the weather forecast... one more day of cold weather and we'll be back to lows in the 50s and highs in the 80s.
    I'm so happy to be back at work so I can get some much needed rest! :-D

7. dooley

Good morning! Temps is low 30's here this morning but garden is still standing tall. Rose bushes are blooming again and temps tonight are supposed to be low 40's. Sun is out and I've been out pulling grass and weeds out of flower beds. After a short rest and some tea I will go and toss it over the fence to the goats.
    I've been watching and the storm is still moving and will turn inward soon.

dooley

8. Netty

good Tuesday morning all. Currently 10°C and overcast. Still a little windy, but Sandy passed with no damage. Back to business as usual. Have a great day all :)

9. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Netty, Glad your life is right back on track. I am still checking on neighbors and friends farther away from my house. We will all be fine but it was very scarey last night........... :eek:

10. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Hope everyone that was/is in Sandy's path is safe. While you all are dealing with the "perfect storm"... we're experiencing perfect weather. Lots of sunshine... temps from the mid50-s to mid-80s.
    The plants are really looking happy.

11. dooley

Good morning! Cool here but going into 70's with lots of sunshine. No wind today. Got to get the grass pulled away from base of house. I'm glad the storm is leaving but such a mess and lots of homeless people.

dooley

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning all. Made some cold rain last night, it's hard to know what type of a winter we will get this year :?
    Have a great day all!

13. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 7°C and raining again. I guess all this rain is still the outer bands of Sandy. But then again, it's been raining for most of October!! Taking my daughter out to trick or treat tonight, I hope the weather clears by then. Have a great day all :)

14. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. I stayed home from work today. I've felt bad the last two days but had to be there... so today is MY day. I slept in 'til about 9:30am and feel much better. It looks like a beautiful day out... sunny and a little cool right now. But is supposed to get up to the 80s.
    I have candy on hand if any trick-or-treaters come by (which I doubt)... so I always buy the kind of candy we like. :-D

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Nice and coolish outside but warming back into the upper 80's for the rest of the week.

My yard is ending the month of October with less than an inch of rain, not good since October is traditionally our second wettest month of the year averaging 4-5 inches. :rolleyes:

I am making candles and knitting socks, no desire to work in the garden, just really couldn't care less right now. I am ready for Winter to put the whole darn thing to sleep for a few months.