The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Happy Novemeber 1st everyone! Currently 4°C and raining AGAIN! There is now a small lake on the lawn and we are expecting rain for 2 more days yet. What I would have done for this rain in July and August! Took my daughter out trick or treating in the rain last night. There weren't too many kids out.
    Off to do my errands and shopping this morning. Have a great day all :)

2. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Got to get family up. Guy will be here to install new gas space heater.It has blower-but doesn't need it id lights go out. Have had ice storms in past. Dh kids me about over cleaning because service person is coming.I have seen some of the places they have to work in. :rolleyes:

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. Another month has passed. And now that it's November, I can just imagine everyone putting up their Christmas decorations already!
    We're expecting another gorgeous day (except for the heavy fog this morning). Temps from 65-85F and just a few clouds.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Already November the oneth....I really wish May through Sept would go by as quickly as October through April seem to.

Still making candles, today the house will smell like Red Hot Cinnamon until I get the Cranberry fragrance in the hot wax.
    Undecorating the house too, Halloween things are going back into the closet for 11 months and the witch collection back on it's shelf in my room. But I always forget something so I will probably be finding hidden decorations for the next few weeks. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  5. rockhound

rockhound In Flower

October went by really fast, it seemed. 3 weeks now til Thanksgiving, wow.

6. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 2°C and overcast. Oh what I would do for a bit of sunshine for a change!!
    Cleanup around the house today and then the weekend begins :)
    Have a great day all!

7. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Another foggy commute into work. So I guess I'm in for a repeat of yesterday's gorgeous warm weather. I think some of my plants think that those 2 days of cold weather was our winter... I spotted a bud on the Azalea yesterday!

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Warm, 88 deg yesterday and today, not a cloud in sight and the humidity is high. Very slight chance of a sprinkle this weekend when a front moves through but at least the temps will drop down into the low 70's for a few days.

Youngest grandson is in a play at the Plano Children's Theater, A Boy Named Charlie Brown and tonight is opening night. We, of course, will be there and I will have a loaf of Pumpkin Bread waiting for him.

9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 1°C, overcast and windy. Looks like another day without sunshine. I started my Fall Clearout yesterday in my daughters room. Boy is she a pack rat!! When I asked her what she wanted to keep she only wanted a few things. The rest can go, YAY! That makes my job easier. One pile for goodwill and one pile for the garbage. It really upsets me to see all the 'stuff' kids have these days that they don't use/play with. This year for Christmas I think Santa should give savings bonds for College. Have a good day all :)

10. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Got list of things to buy. New batteries for smoke alarm. And couple of clocks.Set clocks back.Raked up many wheel barrels chain saw shaving.But them down for mulch.Was to get rain-but they have changed that again.We have kind of brunch after church. Going to make Brats. Get some hot dog buns.

11. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Frank and Henry Johnson like this.
  12. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. A beautiful sunny morning, but the cold front is supposed to arrive this afternoon bringing us a little cooler weather and a little chance of rain. I have lots of errands to run in town and then back home to "play".

13. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, the trees are almost finished dumping their used leaves on the lawn. We are two weeks ahead of schedule......I wonder if W***** will be two weeks early? Now where did II put the Farmers Almanac? Clocks go back tonight!

Jerry

14. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast. Weatherman says I will finally see some sunshine today, but I'm not too sure about that. It is cold today so the sun would help warm it up. Lazy sunday I think ... need a day off the fall cleanout. Have a great day all :)

15. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. The rain finally made it down here early this morning... 3/4th of an inch. And we needed it. The cool temps low-60s feels great.
    Now that the ground is wet, I'm gonna clean up the old dead & dying cosmos bed.