The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast ... again!! Geeze, still haven't seen any sunshine, maybe today?
    My son has reading week this week so he is home. Maybe I can put him to work :)
    Have a great day all!

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning. Dang... it's still foggy outside. Glad I didn't have to go to work today... I hate driving in the fog. Temps are a little cooler but still very warm for this time of year. Plants don't know what to do. A see new flowers on the Crape Myrtle... the Azalea has two flowers. I was planning on tearing out the Hyacinth Bean Vine this weekend, but it's still blooming. I cleaned up my seed starting area and was going to get it all set up... but with this weather, I could start them outdoors! :-D

3. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its cold here, but hasnt snowed since Sunday, and thankfully its pretty much all melted!!

I'm home today and have a manicure at 9, and need to do a couple errands for myself as well as Brad since i was in Toronto all day yesturday.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Frank likes this.
  4. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. This is the coldest morning so far. The puddles in the driveway are frozen. Off to the big city today for a dental appointment with the kids. Then we are hitting the mall :)
    Have a great day all!

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. I nice cool morning... but we'll be up the low80s before too long. We had just a little bit of rain yesterday afternoon... not enough to really measure.
    The only good thing about the time change so far is not leaving home in the dark. But it will be dark by the time I get home. That sucks... especially since we're still having mild temperatures and the plants are still needing attention. Guess I'll just have to check on them with a flashlight! :eek:

6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Glad we all ready voted.Friend called long lines. And it's raining and cold . All going to Cedar Rapids for Ds to file for his unemployment. End of season for construction.Tried to file on line-got timed out 2 times.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Started out in the upper 40's this morning, really great feeling to have goosebumps when I walked throught the garden with my cup of tea.

Now if we could just get some rain.

I have had only 3 Moonflower vine blossoms this year and I missed the last one, forgot to check the bud before bedtime and of course it opened overnight. :rolleyes:

Frank likes this.
  8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good day all! I'm starting to feel the beginnings of a flu coming on so I'm going to take it easy today. Besides it's quite windy and misty out there. So basically, outside - no thanks today.
    Have a great one!

9. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C and sunny!! Yes, I said sunny!! Finally!! Lots to do today, so I'd better get to it!

10. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Still gorgeous weather here.. the high will be 80F today... and still no sign of rain.
    I may have to start coming into work a little early so I can leave early... I do not like getting home when it is dark. I didn't even get to see my plants yesterday. :'(

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Today is a beauty if you are into such things as all day/every day sunshine and no rain. The temperature at least is really nice.

I am going to get all the candles made this week so I can get the equipment put away and on to finishing knitting the socks for my grandson's. Also found the cutest Penguin pillow kit http://www.knitpicks.com/kits/Penguin_P ... 41105.html that I am making for youngest daughter.

12. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its a cold, frosty morning here, had to let the truck warm up!!

I'm more or less home today, i was in Toronto all day yesturday....so i plan on raking, finish cleaning out the urn's so i can add my pine and cedar boughs, and then this afternoon we are driving down to get Kait and bring her home for the weekend.

I'm in Toronto again tomorrow after my hair appointment, so come Sunday when its time to take Kait home, I'll be sick of driving, or being in the truck!!

Off to get some more coffee, and then take Diesel out for his walk, and then off to the bank........so have a great day all.

13. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -7°C and sunny. It's a cold one!
    Off to do my errands and shopping this morning and then home to wait for the furnace repair man. Could be an expensive day! Have a great day all :)

14. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Another beautiful start to the day. Hope it stays this nice for the weekend so I can enjoy it.

15. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. Bright enough in spots today but still a chilly wind. Battling a tiny bit of flu but that will pass soon :)
    Have a great one all!