The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its a little cool here this morning, although no frost overnight.

We picked up Kait lastnight, so she's home until Sunday.

I have a hair appointment at 9am, and then off to Toronto for Brad.

Have a great day all.

2. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Well, It's Friday morning. Egg delivery morning. Yes, I hand deliver my eggs right to my customers houses. I really enjoy doing something that was lost way back in the day. I remember the ice man coming around from door to door, the milk man also back in the early 50's.

I must have 25 customers of course they all don't take eggs every week, yet some take many dozen every week, especially the woman who makes her own noodles and baked goods.

It's a good thing for me to do....

Henry Johnson and Donna S like this.
  3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 1°C and back to overcast. I did get to enjoy some rare sunshine yesterday. Today I'll be doing a pre-weekend clean up and maybe a little shopping. I have officially started my Christmas shopping :)
    Have a great day all!

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday morning! Still having wonderful weather... but we are expecting the next cold front on Sunday which is also bringing a 60% chance of rain with it. I think I'll go ahead and start putting some plants on the shelves so I'll be ready to cover them IF we ever get some cold enough weather.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 5°C and overcast with a chance of rain today. Picked up my oldest daughter yesterday and today we will go have the Doctor have a look at her hand. She hurt it yesterday and I think she may need XRays. Keeping my fingers crossed they aren't broken! Have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Not a cloud in the sky and very mild temps still. I think the high might reach the lower 80s today. Tomorrow evening there's a 60% chance of rain coming with a cold front. And there's a couple of days with upper 30F degrees in next week's forecast.
    So today, I'll be getting some plants ready for protection. And I've got some mulch to finish spreading.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good Sunday afternoon all, and a nippy one. There are few predictions that this winter will be a VERY cold one. We had one like that 2 years ago where pipes froze everywhere. Hope it's not that bad.
    Have a great one all!

8. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 10°C and sunny. This is the first time we have hit double digit temperatures for a long time! We had a thunderstorm overnight but it has cleared and it looks like a nice day ahead. Daughters hand is broken so she is now sporting a lovely plaster cast. Have a good day all. Please take the time today to remember those who fought and died for our country.

9. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Good morning all. Going to be a pretty day with 70+ temps. Hope to be out there all day.
    I want to say thank you for all the nice comments on my last blog. But beware! Going thru old photos and hope to share more with you. Have a great day.

10. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Guess that front is coming this way... totally overcast... but still warm in the lower 70s. The rain isn't supposed to get here to late afternoon... bringing the cooler weather with it.
    Yesterday, I moved the plants to where they can be protected from freezing weather and even brought a couple indoors. I felt rather silly doing this in my summer clothes. Even had to take a couple "cold adult beverage" breaks!But, I guess it's better to be prepared and not have to scurry around doing it at the last minute.
    And Happy Veterans Day. Thanks to all you have served and are currently serving! Y'all are my heroes. :smt038

11. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 12°C and overcast. Rain in the forecast today, then falling temperatures and clearing. The past 2 days of warm temperatures has been nice and now most of my yard work is done. Cleaning house today and doing laundry ... what fun! Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. That little cold front finally made it here last night. It left about 1/2 inch of rain and dropped the temps by about 10 degrees. The next two days will even be cooler with temps ranging from 40-60F.
    Short work day for me... found out one of my aunts is in the hospital, gonna go see her.

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. 37f/3c degrees this morning....the front moved through!!! We only got a heavy sprinkle of rain, not even measurable...again it was all east and south of me. But this time yesterday morning the temp was 65 deg so a 28deg drop in 24 hours is very welcome. The average first freeze here is Nov 17th and there is a slight chance we might get that tomorrow night!.

Today is a federal holiday since Vets day was yesterday so we are heading down to spend the day with Randy's parents. Taking them to lunch then to their place for a visit.

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning all. The land is very wet now, been raining a good bit yesterday and today also. Gets so dark early on now also, guess Xmas really is just around the corner!
    Have a great one all.

15. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 1°C and overcast with strong winds. What a change from yesterday!! Off to pick up a pre-ordered video game for my son this morning and maybe do a little Christmas shopping while I'm at the mall :) Have a great day all!