The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. It was around 38F when I left home this morning and should get up to 65F today. Probably the same tomorrow before we warm up slightly again.
    Although I'm enjoying the cooler weather, I'm very sad that I had to put on jeans, socks & shoes. :'(
    :stew2:

2. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Netty , it must be the same one my sister was waiting in line for this morning.

Good Morning all, almost noon though. I have been doing ......housework, of all things. Slow gardening weather here. I need to work on my seed order and hardgoods order for next year. The greenhouse season is just around the corner.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Almost down to freezing last night, missed it by a couple of degrees. Temp is climbing back up towards 60 very quickly now but the 70's don't appear in the forecast until sometime next week. I am really loving this weather...would be better with some rain but we are still dry so I will hopefully continue to water everything on Wednesdays and Saturdays even though the weather is much cooler.

4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Good afternoon everyone. Today I am in the process of making chicken broth. We went to a market yesterday and got about 20 pounds of backs and necks for $2.00. Now I must have about 30 or 40 pints worth to can, once I finish cooking, straining and removing the fat off it. Canning will be a tomorrow's job.

I add nothing to make broth so it's a true flavor, not even salt. I always can do something for flavor after I open a jar on the day I use it.

Advertisement
  5. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Barb,It would be so wonderful to have chicken broth without all the sodium.You have a great addition to your winter supply.
    sNs

Frank and waretrop like this.
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast. Weatherman says we will get sunshine :) Cleaning today and maybe some baking. Have a great day all :)

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. A damp and misty day here, nothing too much to report on the weather front. I pity the poor sheep in the field!
    Have a great one all!

8. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Good morning all. Sunshine and blue skies but chilly. Quite sore from epidural so I guess I'll wait another day to can beets. If it warms up I think I'll just soaking up some sun.

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Cold out again this morning! Had some thunder last night. No rain though! Zero percent chance of rain and a big green cloud on the radar screen but no rain. The cloud just passed right over us.

dooley

10. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Good Morning everyone, Back to my broth. It is so large and it was so hot last night that it did not cool down enough to harden the floating fat. Probably will begin canning it after noon today.

Actually there was not much fat on it anyway but I don't like to can the fat with the broth. I do save the fat for other things.

11. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Not as cold today... was 45F when I left home and we should get up to the high 60s. And we'll be back in the 70s by tomorrow. I can handle wearing jeans... but my feet miss the flip-flops! :-D

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Not as cold last night as I had hoped but still good sleeping temperature with the window fan in the open window bringing the temp of our bedroom down to match the temp outside.

Making peach jam and pie filling today. All those peaches I skinned and froze last summer have to be taken care of. Today's batches of jam will be without booze...we drank the Southern Comfort and forgot to pick up more. ;)

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast ... again! I'm getting SO tired of these gloomy days, where is the sun??? Getting an early start to my chores and errands. Have a great day all :)

14. rockhound

rockhound In Flower

Good morning to all of you. November has settled in here in Tennessee with high temps @ 50 and lows right at the freezing mark, more or less. I have started a few seeds of a hot pepper, just to have something alive during the next few months. I have no house plants or pets. Wish me luck, :)

15. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its a cool frosty morning here, had frost pretty much every morning this week!!

I have been so busy, Brad has me driving all over, I've been in Toronto 3 days this week, today i am more or less in town, although i do have a delivery about 45 mins away to make, and am back in Toronto tomorrow....thank god it'll be the weekend!!

Things are good here, just super busy.

Off to get more coffee, and then heading out the door.....so have a great day all.