The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. There was frost on the windshield this morning and I noticed the temp on my way out the door was 35F. Glad I brought my oldest "fragile" plant indoors already.
    It should get up to the upper 60s and there's lots of sunshine. No real chance of rain in the next few days. Guess I'll give everything a good soaking over the weekend since things are still growing and flowering.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Netty I have you sunshine and will gladly mail it allllllll back to you anytime you are ready!!

Slowly getting warmer here, back into the 70's by next week.

Made 4 batches of peach jam yesterday, two more today this time with Southern Comfort. Then some peach pie filling and the remainder of the peaches chopped and in 2 cup increments for cakes, muffins and thaw/eat over the winter.

3. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its another cool and frosty morning, had to let the truck warm up for 10-15 mins before i could drive.

I plan on hanging some more christmas lights outside, and need to pop into the grocery store too.

Enjoy your day everyone!!

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently -6°C and sunny, but very frosty! I slipped on the porch when I stepped outside, but luckily I didn't fall down! A busy day today... PA day for the kids, a parent/teacher interview, a long drive to pick up my oldest daughter at school, a birthday party to get my youngest to, and a cheesecake to bake for my oldest daughters birthday party tomorrow! I'd better get started on my chores ... have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Going to go to buy few more things for Thanksgiving Dinner.Got 2 turkey breasts yesterday. And got container ready so they can bring things home for left overs.DH got lot of Christmas light out-since nice non windy day yesterday.

6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I have already had big excitement here and it's only 7:45. The greenhouse called me with a temp of 41 degrees. :eek: :eek: :eek: I flew out the door to get another bottle of propane on the heater. It's already up to 61 degrees. Soon we will have to start up the big furnace. It uses kerosene and has a 250 gallon fuel tank. Less worries with it.

Today is egg delivery day. My run is getting larger than ever. It takes me 3 hours. I love what I am doing. I just wish my gals would give me more eggs. I am good to them. They should be good right back at me. 8) 8)

After egg delivery I will begin my stuffed cabbages. I will can them for use this Winter. Don't know how many I'll get. I have 4 large heads to try to use up. ;) ;)

7. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Another chilly start to the day with the thermometer showing 37F this morning. The sun is shining bright and we should reach the lowers 70s. So... got my flip flops back on! :stew2:
    It's kinda slow at work this week... I may just have to leave work early.

8. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast and foggy. A small birthday party here today. I was up late baking and preparing food...so much for my diet!
    Have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Another cool and sunny start to the day. I'm just waiting on it to warm up some so I give all the plants a good drink. Then I'll head over to the hospital to check on my aunt.

10. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -1°C and foggy. A well deserved lazy day planned for today :)

11. cherylad

Happy Sunday evening. We spent the morning inside cleaning up my computer room and assembling new storage cabinets to hide junk. Before I realized it, it was already afternoon! Yikes! I still had watering to finish. So I did manage to get everything in the back watered. And after errands tomorrow, the front gets a good drink.
    I'm so happy when I have Mondays off work!
    Our temps are back to lower 50s to mid-70s... and still no rain in sight.

12. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Good morning all. Going to be a pretty day in the low 60's. As soon as the bread is on the rise hope to get outside for some much needed sunshine.
    Holiday baking has started.

13. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 1°C and sunny, Off to the fracture clinic with my daughter this morning and then shopping and back to school. It's going to be a hectic day. Have a great day all :)

14. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its another frosty morning here, not as cold though.

I had another busy weekend, started my Christmas shopping, feeln better that i've started.

I'm off to Toronto shortly, and have some other errands to do for Brad.

Enjoy your day everyone.

15. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Glad to go to work to rest up.DH says too much cleaning because family is coming for dinner.But I was taught that way.Sis And I joke about it.