The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday Morning. Our weather is in "repeat" mode. No complaints... it's been glorious. Okay... one complaint... we could use a little rain one of these days.
    A few errands this morning and then it'll be time to mess around in the garden/yard.

2. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Good mornong all. Ham cheese cake in oven, split pea soup in crock pot and it's only 4:40 am. Sure wish I could sleep. Have a good day.

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I wonder how many of us had split pea soup yesterday or are having it today like Donna and me. :D :D

Today I am gathering the finishing touches for Thanksgiving. It's only my hubby, sister and myself so I don't have all the prep work. I am having a turkey though.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning to you all. We have had two miserable weather days in a row. Blustery wind and showers, I think more is promised later today. Maybe the entire winter will be like this :eek:
    Have a great one all!

Advertisement
  5. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning all,

Its a little warmer here today....no frost this morning!!!!

I'm off to Toronto again shortly, and need to pop into the grocery store too.

Hope everyone has a great day!

6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Frank, I am so sorry about your weather. Try to cheer up. :stew1: :stew2: Sending you happy thoughts on this special day.

7. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Another repeat in the weather today... except of a dense fog this morning. But it's just about all burned off now. Short week at work... so I'd better stop playing and get my work done! :D
    I, too, need to stop at the grocery store on the way home. I've been designated to bake the pies for Thanksgiving Dinner.

8. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone!!

Its cold and frosty here this morning, no snow though...thankfully!!

I'm off to Toronto again this morning, think this is my last trip down for the week.

Off to get some more coffee, and put a load of laundry in the dryer.

Enjoy your day all.

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -5°C and foggy. The sun is shining and it is going to be a beautiful day! I hope to get out and enjoy some of it :)
    Have a great day all!

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. Internet was knocked out for 24 hours and just came back. The wind yesterday was the culprit. A bit of bad flooding on our roads also.
    Have a great one all!

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Foggy here this morning. Hopefully it will go soon as the sun is coming up. Going to do a few errands and then shopping for groceries, I think. dr doesn't want to do a lot of shopping so we won't be gone all day. My pie is done. Made cinnamon twists yesterday (four dozen) but I took them to the Writer's Guild last night so none left here.

dooley

12. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. A repeat in the weather here again... including the fog. Hopefully I can get out of work early and at least enjoy a few minutes of this gorgeous weather before it gets dark. Then...going to bake a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie this evening to take to dinner tomorrow.

13. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Weds everyone! I will be happy if the sun burns off this fog.I think Iowa weather is like Cheryls in TX.The last 2 mornings have been very foggy. I think from what I heard on the news that fog is very widespread.I'm glad daughter is not coming in this weather.
    It is so mild I took to walking outdoors in the mornings again.It will make winter seem much shorter,especially if the coming Mar is a repeat of last year.
    sNs

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I am really tired of this weather, really 80 degrees on the 20th of November??? I guess I could handle the continued warm weather if there was some hope of rain.

On a really good note, the city has lifted all watering restrictions for the winter. The twice a week watering schedule will go back into effect on April 30th though.

Got some gorgeous Valentine Candy Tulips and more Snowflakes planted this morning. Still have some Cemetery and California Gold Iris to get planted too. And about a dozen pots of Pansies.

15. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 2°C and sunny. No fog this morning.
    Today my daughter celebrates her 18th birthday ... the first birthday without me as she is away at school. We had a small gathering on the weekend and today we will have cake in her honor ;)
    Have a great day all!