The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning and Happy Thanksgiving to the US Stewbies.
    Netty... I think your fog came to visit my fog!It's 8am and I can barely see my truck in the driveway. Glad I didn't have to go anywhere this morning! But I'm sure that sun will have it all burned off soon and then we'll be up to 80F... yes 80 on Thanksgiving.
    Hubby is already at his sisters helping prepare the meal. I baked thea pumpkin and pecan pies last night to bring over there. But, I think I'll go ahead and bake another pecan pie so it'll be waiting on us when we return home tonight.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Another way too warm for the season day coming up here but there should be a cool down coming tonight. Still not a great chance of rain though and from the looks of the forecast the month of November will end with not a drop on my garden.

Today we will be having a LOTR watching marathon getting ready for The Hobbit coming out in 3 weeks. So I won't be on here much today. Hope everyone has a safe and fun day.

We are having Duck breast, baked sweet potatoes, hubby will also have pickled beets and youngest daughter and I will have asparagus.
    And I had better get the pies made..pumpkin pecan and peach.

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Good Thanksgiving Day everyone out there in Stewieland.

The Waretrop House is smelling very good about now. We are having fresh roasted turkey, mixed lettuce salad, baked acorn squash, steamed asparagus using my turkey broth instead of water, roasted chestnuts, dinner rolls Stuffing using my turkey broth, and Aunt Debbie's home made cranberry sauce. Oh and black berry and raspberry pie.

We are only 3 people so we are going to have plenty of food left over. Wish my daughter could be here. She ate up a storm.

I also have asparagus soup started with my beef broth that I will finish in a few days and probably will can come of it.

4. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its raining here at the moment, however its supposed to change to snow later today, which is fine with me, its our Santa Claus parade tomorrow night.

I'm off to do some shopping, as well as some errands for Brad too.

Enjoy your day everybody.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 9°C and overcast. I hope everyone is awaking from their turkey coma's this morning and diving right into leftovers LOL OR maybe doing some shopping? I am not going anywhere today ... lazy day around the house before the weekend starts. It is going to rain later and then maybe turn to snow so I'll be thinking about Christmas decorating :)
    Have a great day all!

6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Good Morning, Had a wonderful but quiet day yesterday. Today is business as usual, egg deliveries. It will be short as only half my customers are in town. I leave about 8:30 this morning and be done by 10:30 maybe. I'll expect that my hubby and visiting sister will want go tag along with me for fun.

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning, I'm not in a hurry to do much this morning. Cloudy still. I need to go look at the weather before I decide what to do next. Have a great day.

dooley

8. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. I little cooler today with temps in the lower 60s right now plus there's some clouds. Still going to be nice with highs in the 70s. That cool front is supposed to arrive tonight dropping our lows to the 40s for a couple of days. But... highs will still be in the 70s. There is a slight chance of rain for a couple of days in the forecast. So today.... guess I'll drag out the water hoses and give everyone a drink.
    Hubby's sister gave me some plants yesterday, a couple can be put in the ground now... so I guess that's my first plan of the day.

9. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Fri,There has been a dramatic weather change here! Cold & windy & looking to stay that way for a few days.My outdoor chores are finished until next year. Hubby will cover roses later.
    I'm staying in until Tues when I go to exercise class.
    I don't like shopping & I especially hate mobs!
    sNs

10. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

Good Morning-it's foggy and cold in the south of the UK this morning( 2 degrees C).

Today is going to be a good day because we're off on a 150 mile round trip to buy me a shiny new sewing machine for my quilting projects :p :p A 'be good to me day'!!

11. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Mid 40s and breezy but sunny here this morning. I think the high is only going to be in the 60s. The Eco Center is having their first farmers market today... students selling stuff out of the garden, crafts, zydeco band, gumbo, apple cider, storytelling, etc. I designed their promo flyer, so will definitely go by to check it out.

12. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -3°C, sunny and windy. We have a very thin coating of snow on everything this morning! Somehow this makes me want to start decorating for Christmas :)
    Have a great day all!

13. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Sat Am everyone.Sunny & coolish here. At least that awful wind has calmed down.
    Afraid I must go to town today.A couple things I must get. Dog food,for one!I had planned to steer clear because of shopping madness this weekend.
    sNs

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Chilly start to the day, around 37 for a low and wonderful sleeping weather last night.

Tonight we will finally have our Thanksgiving dinner when Amanda gets home from work. Thursday, just about the time the Duck was ready, Randy and I got a call and spent from about 4 pm to 2 am with my Mom in the emergency room and then getting her settled into the hospital. Amanda stayed home and got to eat some of the Duck and dug into the pies.

Today and tomorrow we will be going NO WHERE...except to breakfast tomorrow morning.

Frank likes this.
  15. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. It is chilly and frosty now, a real cold snap promised for this week ahead. Mom has put food out for the birds and the cat is watching them. I had to run him away so they could enjoy their food in peace.
    Have a great one all!