The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Good morning. Snow on the ground this morning. a little chilly here.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -4°C and snowing. Some other area's nearby got pounded with snow yesterday but we were lucky. Today we are getting a nice, gentle snowfall. I saw 3 coyotes when I walked the dog this morning along the tree line. I sure hope they aren't stalking the young horses out in the far field ... better go let the neighbor know. Lazy day today :)
    Toni, I hope your Mom is feeling better

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday Morning. A nice cold night last night with temps in the mid30s. And it's still too cool to be outside, but if it's anything like yesterday, the afternoon will be gorgeous with temps in the upper 60s.
    Nothing really planned for today. My knee is still acting up.
    I did go to the little Farmers Market yesterday. Wasn't much there, but it's their first time.

4. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. We have SNOW on the ground this morning, and it looks like a little more will fall soon. I may just dig out the Christmas decorations today ... something about the snow makes me want to decorate. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. After the long holiday weekend, it sure was hard getting out of bed this morning. :-D
    And it's foggy out so I emailed my boss and said I would be late.
    We have a 50% chance of rain of this afternoon... we should could use it.

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We finally had our Thanksgiving dinner Saturday evening and watched A Muppet Christmas Carol while eating.
    Another cool front coming through this afternoon but yet again there will be no rain with it for us. We will be ending November as the 5th driest November on record and will have the 3rd driest Autumn on record because there is no rain in our forecast before the Winter Solstice. My yard got nothing but the official total for the north Texas area is a mere 5/100ths of an inch.

Thanks Netty, doesn't look like there will be a feeling better time for her though without good meds. :(

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning to you all. It has stopped raining for a bit but now it is replaced with some cold.. The clear-skied nights are proving to be a ground-chiller.
    Have a great one all!

8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -7°C and overcast. I think we will get more snow fall soon. I had a very lazy day yesterday so today I need to get some work done. Have a great day all :)

9. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its cool here, and we had a dusting of snow overnight.

I was in Toronto yesturday, but am home today, i need to run a bunch of errands and make one delivery for Brad.

Plan on doing some more Christmas shopping, after i take Diesel for his walk.

Enjoy your day everybody.

10. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. The "big" rain storm finally showed up around 11:30 last night and left just under 1/8th inch of rain. I sure was hoping for more. Oh well... what can you do?
    There's still a few little showers here and there but should be clearing off and then we'll reach the mid60s. But... it'll be back to the 70s in just a couple of days.

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning. Cheryl our rain gauge says .68 inches of rain. It doesn't measure wind but things are blown all over. I guess we can't cut our wood today unless it dries out some. It's still cloudy and the thermometer says it's only 42. A big change from the sunny warm day of yesterday.

dooley

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We have nice cool temps and dry ground. My rain gauge is singing "how dry I am" for the 45th day in a row.

Did a little xmas shopping last night. Monday night after Thanksgiving is one of the best times to shop....still some lingering sales from the previous Friday. the shelves had been restocked Sunday night and no crowds!!

13. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its another cool one here, and we had a dusting of snow again overnight too.

I'm off to do some deliveries for Brad today, and have some shopping to do too.

Have a great day all.

14. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning! It was 45F when I left home this morning, but with the sun shining brightly, we should almost reach 70F. I think I need to leave work a little early so I can get home before dark and do a little watering.
    Also, one of my aunts called last night and she wants me to stop by and "tuck in" her plants for winter. Yep... I think I'll be leaving early! :stew2:

15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -3°C and sunny. Off to do my errands and some shopping today before tomorrows predicted winter storm. If I do it properly I won't have to leave home again until next week. Have a great day all :)