The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. Another chilly start to the day but again, it will be up to 70F... and still no rain. I tried to get home in time to do some watering, but it took longer than I anticipated at my aunt's house. Today, plants, I promise to give you a drink!
    And oh yeah... I did NOT win the lottery last night. ;)

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's cold here this morning, too. Down to 30 almost. Fire going to warm up house. It is in a stove so it's not the house burning.
    We carried logs and branches yesterday so need to get them cut up. I have lots of things to do so should go make breakfast and get started.

dooley

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently -7°C and overcast. It seems extra dark this morning, maybe there is a blizzard in the making out there. Digging out the Christmas decorations today. I usually put some up on December 1st - close enough! Have a grood day all :)

4. cherylad

Happy Friday morning... and it's a warm one. It was 65F when I left home and the high should be in the upper70s.
    I managed to get everything a little drink before it got dark last night, but this weekend, I'm going to give everything a good soaking. Watch... as soon as I do, it will rain. :-D
    Two hours to go until Eric Clapton tickets go on sale! :smt026

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. A very misty, foggy day here. Definitely not a day for admiring faraway vistas :)
    Have a great day all!

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Another warm one in store :rolleyes:
    Did some plant moving yesterday and got a bed area ready for some Iris I was given a couple of weeks ago...but today I am too sore to get them planted.

Cheryl, good luck with the tickets. Be on the sale site and know which ones you want and click buy (or whatever the button is called) the instant the sale begins. That's the only way I got the good Rod Stewart tickets I wanted a couple of years ago.

7. cherylad

Toni... exactly what I did... I got decent seats and on the side that I prefer. I've seen him so many times (up close) that now I don't have to have super great seats.
    woohoo!! Hurry up March! :-D

Frank likes this.
  8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Warmer but cloudy here this morning. Slight chance of rain.
    Sewed eight aprons in the last couple of days. Going to a mini market tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be cloudy in am, sun in pm. But 80 for the high tomorrow.

dooley

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -6°C and overcast. Doing a little more decorating today and maybe start some baking. I can't even believe today is December 1st ... where does the time GO??
    Have a great day all :)

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good afternoon to you all. After a very foggy day yesterday today is as clear as anything. The birds are outside feeding on the winter rations and enjoying themselves.
    Have a great one all!

11. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Another warm start to the day. Doors and windows are open to enjoy the nearly 80F temps... are you sure it's December 1st??
    We got a little rain yesterday and overnight... almost 1/4 inch. I think I'll still give everything a drink.
    Hubby's nephew had a kidney transplant about 12 years ago, and now it's failing. His job, family, friends are having a benefit for him today... we'll go out there this afternoon and show our support and get some BBQ sandwiches and raffle tickets.

12. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, large flakes of winter are falling. A prelude to tomorrow's mid 50s temperatures.....an indication perhaps that the weather can not make up its mind. O.K., the plants need a few chill hours, humans don't need chill hours. I vote for spring. It does look nice, said he, from the confines of a warm house.

Jerry

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Hard to believe it is already the 1st of December and that in three days my oldest grandson turns 17!!

Muggy, overcast and getting warmer today with less than a 20% chance of rain for the next 7 days. I got 30 Iris 'California Gold' bulbs in the ground yesterday, a friend's sister was thinning out her bed of them. Also have about 30 Iris albicans (white cemetery Iris) to plant this weekend, same friends sister thinned out another bed.

Today we go pick up my early xmas present. I have a round oak pedestal table I bought with my very first tax refund as a single Mom waaaaay back in 1978, it has an assortment of chairs around it. I have been wanting to replace them with ladder back chairs for years but they are getting hard to find...old fashioned style so no furniture store around here carries them. Randy found a set of 4 on Craig's list so we are going to check them out this afternoon and hopefully they will look as good as their photo so we will be bringing them home.

14. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Good morming all. I have been so busy lately. When I had some down time I crashed. I should be more under control this week.

Sold record number of eggs Friday. I truly enjoy doing something that has been lost in days gone by. All my little customers love it too.

Tuesday I will can some of my home made butter and some milk. I want to have a little of everything on hand. It's really for fun but it is good experience. I have never canned either of these products.

sewNsow likes this.
  15. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, I am still waiting for the warmer temperatures to melt the newly fallen winter that was accidentally deposited on the ground yesterday. Of course the forecasters can't be wrong. The thermometer is stuck on 31*F, it should read mid 50's today. Perhaps this after noon.....

Jerry