The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 7°C and pouring rain. All the snow is gone which is fine with me! I have to drive my daughter back to school sometime today and then it will be time to relax. Have a great day all :)

2. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Barb,canning butter & milk? I have not heard of anyone doing this.You have probably said,but do you have cows or milk goats ?
    The lady I know that sells eggs is not getting new chickens,after all these years.
    I just can't stand eggs from store.
    sNs

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning.. and yep it still warm here. Yesterday's high was the lower 80s and expect the same for today. So I guess I'll pull some weeds and will start to thin out the Canna in the front flower bed.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good afternoon! It's 82 outside. Not thinking too much about building a fire in the stove but today a very kind man and his son brought us wood, all cut and split to fit our stove. They brought a load last week that wasn't cut but we can do that ourselves. It's smaller. There are still friendly, helpful people in this world and we have found some right here in Texas.

dooley

Advertisement
  5. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

sewNsow, Yes, I made butter yesterday and soon I will can it. Also, I will can some milk just to have it on my pantry shelves. I had always bought those square boxes of milk for emergencies??? Well, I want my own good milk from now on. I am also canning up 2 pounds of beacon. I probably will start a new topic as I can just see Frank moving this post. :p :p

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning to all Stewbies. After a very foggy day yesterday it's almost back to clear views here. The rain is intermittent and the birds are eating to their heart's content.
    Have a great one all!

7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 4°C and overcast. Lots of rain yesterday and more on the way for today. I like that the temperature is above freezing again!
    Cleaning today and skating with my daughter tonight. Have a great day all :)

8. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Mon AM everyone,We are on our way to 60 degrees today.Of course it is pleasant but I would much rather it be 25 & snowing.We will have a short winter if it is 80 in March like last year.
    sNs

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good afternoon! 80's again today but some clouds. Rain tomorrow so it says. Then, back to 70's. Christmas stuff mostly done and I see a witch from Halloween standing up on that shelf. Can't have that now, can we?
    Moved some branches and logs from front drive area back to storage yard. Now, time for a break even though we did go to town and have a hamburger for lunch.

dooley

10. cherylad

Happy Monday evening. Just got home from going to Hubby's families place in East Texas... took us exactly 12 hours to accomplish this visit.
    It was kinda drizzly up there all day. Tomorrow we have a 50% chance of rain here. Sure could use it!

11. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, the day has warmed up to a blistering 57°F. Moths have hatched, now they dance around the outdoor house light. Little do they know in a few days it will be below freezing again. Winter coats, used a couple of days ago, have been banished to the back of the closet. :)

Jerry

12. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 10°C and cloudy. Weatherman calls for torrential rain a little later today. I think I would rather have rain than snow!
    Hopefully getting started with some online shopping this morning. I really need to get going with my Christmas shopping!! Have a great day all :)

13. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Another warm and foggy morning. There's a 50% chance of rain today and slightly cooler temps to follow. It just doesn't feel like December around here with the 80F temps of late. I haven't even purchased my Christmas cards yet! Guess I ought to do that today at lunchtime. Who knows, I might even drag out the decorations this weekend.
    I spent the weekend thinning out some plants. I thought it would be a job I'd do in the spring, but with all this gorgeous weather I just had to get out and play in the dirt.
    It's really kinda hard with all this warm weather we're having (plants are blooming, weeds are growing and I'm still having to water) it's like it's spring time and I can't plant anything because I know winter will eventually get here. So frustrating... come on winter get here and get outta here so I can play for real! :stew2:

14. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

As the temperatures flirt with spring like conditions I half expect crocus to appear and Rhododendron buds to pop open. I will try and resist doing spring like things in the garden, the guy with the bucket of frost lurks just around the corner.

Jerry

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Good if you like nothing but blue skies, sunshine, no rain, warmer than normal temperatures and since we have been having all of the above since May I really am sick and tired of it. :rolleyes: 52 days without rain and no good hope for any in the two week forecast. I am wondering who I have to pay to get some wet winter weather around here!!

There are almost 3 dozen Gulf Fritillary caterpillars on the large Passionflower Vine out front and quite a few of them will have plenty of time to eat their fill, create their chrysalis and emerge as beautiful orange butterflies the spitting image of their Mom. The smaller ones will probably create their chrysalis with a nice warm fuzzy lining to keep them warm through whatever winter we get.