The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -4°C and sunny. Just realized that Christmas is only 2 weeks away!! I'd better get shopping!! Taking my youngest to a birthday party today and then home to take the dog for a very long walk. Shopping can wait until tomorrow! Have a great day all :)

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good afternoon all. Some bad frost promised tonight so hope everyone will stay safe on the roads.
    Have a great Sunday all!

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. Still kinda foggy out and warm. But that's supposed to change starting tomorrow. So, this afternooon I'll bring in a few plants and cover up others. This should only be for a few days before we're back in the 70s.
    And I finally put up the Christmas tree and a few decorations.

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, Wow, Frank has come up with an interesting addition to the site. It's like adding flavoring to the frosting! Mmmm, mmmm, good!!

Jerry

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 1°C and pouring rain. We had freezing rain overnight and the roads are a sheet of ice. School buses cancelled everywhere except for here and my kids drivers are NOT impressed. Told one to take his time and he said he didn't care how late they were, he was driving SLOW! I'm hoping it melts soon as I have plans for the mall today to do my christmas shopping :) Have a great day all!

6. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

good day stewbies! it's a balmy 24F here with snow in the forecast!

have a greaat day all! :stew2:

7. cherylad

Happy Monday morning... and what a difference a few hours can make! Temps in mid 40s when I left home, 1 inch of rain in the gauge... wind gusts up to 30MPH. Our high should be around the mid 50s and then we drop to freezing over night.
    I brought in a few of my special plants and others that need to be covered have been tucked in. I think I'll stop by one of my aunt's house on the way home to see if she needs any help covering up any plants.

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good Cold Morning! Last night we had thunder, lightning, wind and a bit of rain, .29 inches. It's a balmy 32 degrees this morning. It's supposedly going up to 50 today. If we venture out today we will get blown miles toward the north of here, I think.
    dr is using some of that wood we cut up last week. Toasty in the living room/kitchen area.

dooley

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. No rain but very windy last night. Still dry as a bone here but under the circumstances I will take the snow we got early this morning and SMILE and giggle like a little kid. Too bad only the fallen leaves on the ground will feel the moisture when it melts, too little to reach the soil under the mulch. :rolleyes:

10. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Mon all,Brrr! It is cold today.I do see a little sunshine coming through but it will be shortlived. Guess I need to quit playing on computer & see to my indoor plants.
    Cheryl & Toni,It is dry as a bone here.My growing conditions are fast approaching yours. Except that we can still get very cold at the wink of an eye.
    sNs

11. Jerry Sullivan

Good day everyone, with the temperatures back in the mid 40's we can consider ourselves back to normal. I did reposition the ****blower in the toolshed. The lawn mower knows it will not be called to duty anytime soon. Winter projects are in the forefront of the thought process.

Jerry

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all Stewbies. Fairly frosty last night, the water had to be left on at a drip to prevent any frozen pipes. Looks like the temperature will continue downwards.
    Have a great Tuesday all!

13. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -7°C and overcast. I got a bit of my shopping done yesterday so today I want to wrap. Still have some stuff to buy, I'm really at a loss this year. I think we all just have too much 'stuff'! Have a great day all :)

14. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. A frosty morning here today with temps still at the freezing mark at 8am. But it's beautiful out with clear skies (and no wind). Same temps for tonight and tomorrow and then we'll be out of any danger of freezing temps for a while and back to highs in the 70s. The plants will remained covered until Thursday.

15. Jerry Sullivan

Good morning everyone, rumor has it that the temperatures are going to be more Winter like soon but right now we are happy with mid 40's. I am presently testing a theory that if I am prepared for s*** that it will not happen......famous last words.... The S***blower is at the starting gate and the s***shovel is at hand. Hmmm... I wonder if I should change the precipitation gauge to s***?

Jerry