The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Only 20 degrees this morning and no electricity. It went out sometime in the night and was still out when we went into town at 8:45 am. I needed some hot tea to warm up. It was back when we got home at 10:30 am. dr started a fire in the stove so it might warm up pretty soon. I'm going to go and bake something so that will help. Sun is shining and going to be in 50's today. Wind has stopped. Thought we'd be blowing up toward Jerry yesterday.

dooley

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

YeeHaw! I'm ahead of Netty and Dooley and everybody else in wishing you a happy 12/12/12 Wednesday!
    Cold this morning, and I see the red glow from the heat lamp in the barn (chickens are toasty). Cat is curled up on the bed--I can wait to make the bed until she gets up around noon. This is Cheddar bread baking day so I'll have plenty of loaves to give for Christmas presents.
    Y'all have a nice day, and keep warm!

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Yes, Jane, You beat us all, But last night we had a band concert to attend for caity and thee was a boy sitting in front of us who's birthday is today and he turned 12 today. :eek: Turning 12 on 1/2/12/12 what are the odd's? Pretty cool! Have a happy day, all!

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. 12/12/12 is the last thing on my mind today ... I get to go pick up my daughter from school for Christmas break today ! :) We got the tree up last night so we are really in the Christmas Spirit today!! Got most of my shopping done and wrapped yesterday and even found my 'difficult' gift that is going to make a certain little girl very happy. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! Quite the symmetrical day we have today so hope it's an even day for you all. The weather is slightly uneven here though.
    Have a great 12/12/12!

6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Think i will wear elf outfit. Another customer wants us to put up X-Mas decoration. One house DH helps me clean. He was shocked how many boxes. I pack 3 bookcases and put away.So 100 boxes.Some she had forgot about.Got 2 boxes in Jeep to take to church. Hardest part to keep 2 newly adopted older cats from helping.

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning and happy 12/12/12. I love number stuff!
    We had a few more hours of freezing temps overnight but will have another beautiful sunny day with temps getting to mid to upper 50s. A couple plants are showing damage, like one of the Gardenias.
    Tonight will probably get down to freezing again, but warming up to the upper 60s tomorrow. I have to remember to uncover the plants before I leave home in the morning or they might just suffocate.

8. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, ooooh it's 12/12/12 I wonder if something will happen at 12:12PM Hmmmm there are many 12:12's I guess I will have to check my Mayan calendar. The temperatures make for a crisp day. Time to bring in the tree. :)

Jerry

9. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -5°C and sunny! Off to so some errands and shopping. My daughter came home for the holidays yesterday and has been EATING since she got here! Have a great day all :)

10. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

There was a baby born at 12:12 on 12.12.12 in Mass.
    Way cool!

On to today...it is 21f here. Turn that around and it would be....12 ugh! not yet!if at all. Supposed to get to 44f though. Have a happy day all!

11. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Good morning all.Chilly but sunny this morning. Did my grocery shopping at 7 am and now have 2 loaves of rye bread on the rise. Hoping to get outside today and soak up some sun. Have a good day all.

12. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Brrrr..... got down to the mid 20s overnight but expected to be in the 60s today. I uncovered the plants before leaving home this morning and everything looks good, even the Calla blooms! woohoo!!
    We'll be back to "normal" temps for awhile... 40-70F.

Carolyn... there were two babies born in the Houston area at 12:12 yesterday too. Wonder if any of them weighed 12 lbs 12oz? :D

13. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast. Lost my voice yesterday and so my daughter has banned me from talking ... says my scratchy voice is annoying :rolleyes: Told her I would stop talking AND doing all the work around here - including the cooking! Somehow my scratchy voice isn't too annoying anymore :D
    It's going to be one of those days ...

14. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Nice and warm out this morning. Our temps will range from 50-70F and there's a slight chance of rain in the forecast.
    Today's plan after work is to stop by the grocery store and get all my ingredients for Christmas cookies and a cake Hubby wants.

15. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Fri,peeps.Well it is another unseasonably warm Dec day here in Iowa. I did hear RAIN mentioned for tomorrow.
    Sure makes heating the house easy.Had to have window open all night in living room where wood stove is.

I visited my plant buddy yesterday & we discussed my getting more Xeriscape plants.She gardened in Colorado for years so knows about dry weather gardening.
    sNs