The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

good morning stewbies! still snowing here and foggy!

have good one! :stew2:

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -3°C and sunny. Off to a family gathering this morning and then hopefully home to bake this afternoon. Christmas is just 10 days away!!

3. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Sat everyone, Woke up to the sound of rain on the window.It has been a long time since this has happened.
    It is still in the 50s so moisture can soak in.
    sNs

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Woke up to temps in the upper 60s and cloudy skies. The rain is supposed to get here late tonight/tomorrow morning.
    Today will be spent just cleaning up around the house.
    One of my aunts is having her big family Christmas Party/Dinner today and I'm invited. I don't feel right being smack-dab in the middle of their special day, but will go by to visit... and see what's left on the dessert table.... my cousins CAN bake! :-D

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I listened to rain falling on my garden last evening only 3/8ths of an inch but the plants that are still blooming and there are many of those inspite of the cooler temps this last week, are giggling with pleasure.

I have some knitting to finish up, hopefully this weekend then next week is baking cinnamon swirl bread.....8 large loaves. Much less baking than I used to do :eek: And I am pretty sure we have completed our gift shopping, course that's not to say that a few last minute have-to-buy items won't find their way home with us at some point. ;)

6. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -1°C and freezing rain. Slept in today! Felt good and now I feel well rested. I'm not sure what I'll be doing today but it wont involve driving - everything is a sheet of ice. Probably spend the day cleaning and baking. Have a great day all :)

7. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. It's a dark drizzly and warm (70F) start to the day here. We need the rain and it is also good for me to be stuck in the house. Maybe I'll get that cleaning done... or not. :-D

8. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Woke up to clouds today. It will be a good day to take a ride & go out to lunch.Maybe I can get 10 miles away without the sun coming out & overheating the greenhouse.
    We got a little rain.Maybe 1 inch.
    Went to a neighboring little town to view Christmas lights last night. Really nice.Nicer than bigger town.

sNs

9. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 6°C and raining. It rained all night too and the lawn is a lake. I hope to get a list made of the last Christmas things I need to pick up ... just one week to go! Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. It rained almost all day yesterday... a good soaker with 1.5 inches in the gauge. I did a little baking and started cleaning off files from the computer. That's about it... didn't even get out of my pajamas!
    Today... well it's a little cooler and it's still a bit cloudy. But I have a few errands to run and shopping to do. And visiting.

11. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

good morning stewbies! got another 8 plus inches of the white stuff! our snow roof rake is getting a real workout this year!

have a great day all! :stew2:

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! After three gray and dreary days the sun is shining. We only got about half an inch of rain for all three days. I'm happy to see the sun again.

dooley

13. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Our light rain this morning has turned to snow this afternoon. The first measurable this year. Our temp is hovering around 33F. wannabe

14. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 4°C, raining and foggy. Only one of my kids has school today. The Elementary School teachers are striking today, so I am taking the girls Christmas shopping today. My son had to go to (high)school today. Have a great day all :)

15. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good afternoon all! It's a very foggy day here today and it's cold on the skin. But I love it! Just took a long walk with the dogs and they loved it also.
    Have a great day today!