The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. Beautiful sunny day in-store for us. The low overnight was in the mid40s but we could reach 80F this afternoon.
    I think I have everything I need for Christmas dinner and baking. But I still need to do a little shopping. Maybe if I just go to one store a day this week I won't have to see another store until 2013! :-D

2. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

gggggood day stewbies!!! 17F here this AM and another big snowstorm coming in tonight...lost power yesterday and all night.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good tuesday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast. Finished my Christmas shopping yesterday except for one thing ... my niece asked for a Victoria Secret gift card. I can't seem to find it on any of the gift card racks and there isn't a store around here. I guess she's going to get cash. Wrapping gifts today and then baking cupcakes for the skating carnival tonight. Have a great day all :)

4. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. It's a bit cloudy here with a slight chance of rain. But it's 60F now and we should get close to 80F again.
    Will be baking some cookies tonight for our office party tomorrow.

Advertisement
  5. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Weds Am Stewers,We are supposed to get lots of snow later today.I bet the grocery stores are crammed.
    DH is on an errand in city. He is stopping at the store.
    I'm keeping the home fires burning.More like my computer chair is getting warm.LOL
    sNs

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I can't imagine real winter happening somewhere when our temps are in the mid-70's and going to close to 80 for a high. :eek:

That 3/8ths of an inch of rain we got the other day is long gone. I had to water for hours yesterday to give the still green and blooming plants enough water to perk up. Tomorrow should be about 20 degrees cooler than today but still no chance of decent rain. :rolleyes:

7. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Thurs,Lots of snow & freezing rain.Areas around here have had much more snow. We seem to be in a small band that can't even get a lot of snow,which is a good thing today.Looks like the wind is making it really bad out there.Last night there was a lot of thunder & lightening. Thundersnow.
    sNs

8. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. A front moved through overnight leaving about 1/4 inch of rain. But man oh man... the wind! I had to battle with my truck being blown all over the road on my way into work.
    Today is our office Christmas party. Gonna be fun. We're surprising the editor by all wearing tropical/Hawaiian shirts. His secret of making us all wear reindeer antlers was exposed... so we decided to do something to "get even" with him. Lots of food and goodies on the way!
    Then it'll be time to hurry home and cover up the plants because we should get down to freezing the next two nights. Hope the wind has died down by then, otherwise I might get blown away like a wind-surfer. :eek:

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good windy morning all. Steady winds of 20-35 miles per hour with frequent gust of 40-50 miles per hour. A few things blown over like the trash can and recycle can but they were emptied yesterday so nothing blowing around from them.

We got nary a drop of rain but the wind had created a huge dust storm out west in Lubbock so right after the front moved through we could smell Lubbock in the air and had to close the doors to stop the sneezing.

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny here, about 40 but you wouldn't know it. Winds all over the place blowing us here and there. Says 30 tonight and 69 tomorrow with light winds. This changing weather sure gets to a person. Don't know what to wear for the day and end up changing two or three times.

dooley

11. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 0°C and snowing. It looks like maybe we might have a white Christmas after all?
    Baking again today ... I am going to need to start a new diet after the holidays!!
    Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. A clear frosty start to the day with freezing temps last night/this morning. But we should get back up to the mid 60s by this afternoon.
    And I'm sure glad all that wind is gone! Some places experienced damage from them. We just had a few small branches broken off a couple of trees.

13. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Fri everyone,Honestly,Moisture seems to avoid us like the plague.We got about 2 inches of snow & everyone around got up to 1.5 feet.What we did get was whipped into drifts by the horrid wind. I could her on my scanner that cars were in ditches all over the place.Those poor highway guys got little sleep.One good thing,snow up north will melt & run down stream.
    sNs

14. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -5°C, windy and overcast. We had severe winds all night and I was really beginning to wonder if it really WAS the end of the world! LOL The wind is still blowing and will continue to blow until tomorrow. I'm glad I don't have to go out there. Actually, I DO have to go out there ... I haven't walked the dog yet! She doesn't seem to concerned though, she was out to do her business and then ran back to the door! Have a great day all :)

15. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, old man winter is making another run at the northeast after spreading winter across the mid west. White Christmas? Maybe? Keep your fingers crossed!!

Jerry