The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning.Another frosty clear morning.
    Temps hovered around freezing again this morning but we should be in the upper 60s later on. Sure felt good not to have to get up and go out in the cold. Sassy slept in too! There's a few more days in the 7-day forecast with freezing temps, so the plants will remain covered.
    I'm "almost" on vacation... I just have to go into the office for a few hours tomorrow to get the paper to the printers, and then I do not have to report back until January 7th! woohoo!

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Heading down to Randy's folks for early christmas get together see you all this evening.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. The gale force winds have finally died down and we have some light snow falling. This is my last day for Christmas preparation ... we are starting our festivities tomorrow with my family. Today I need to make the cheesecake and finish the wrapping. Last minute trips to the store was well if needed. Have a great day all :)

4. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. It's cloudy but warm here this morning. Just some small chances of showers throughout the day. I'm at work for a couple of hours and then will stop to visit a couple of my aunts on the way home. Then I think I'll try to catch up with my best friend to wish her and her family a Merry Christmas. Then I need to mix up some cookie dough since it needs to refrigerate over night.
    We were invited over to a party this afternoon from an old classmate, but not sure we'll go though.

Advertisement
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Good Sunday Morning. I should be at church, but have been sick for almost two weeks! I am sick of being sick. It is all respiratory. First was a terrible chest cough and bronchitis like stuff and now a sinus infection and drainage cough. I hope you are all having a great day.

6. Netty

Hope you feel better soon Carolyn!

Good Monday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast. I have a very excited 9 year old in the house today and I think I will need to keep her amused most of the day for distraction! At this point, I'll just be glad when it's all over and I can smell the turkey cooking in the oven! Merry Christmas Everyone!!

7. cherylad

Happy Christmas Eve Monday. Our temps are currently in the mid60s and should get up to the mid 70s. But chances of rain increase up to 60% tomorrow. I still have a couple of people to visit today and bake a cake.. and maybe another batch of cookies. Then I'll just kick back and wait for Santa. :stew2:

8. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, it's a bright sunny winter morning, what could anyone want on such a nice day? I heard someone say S***.....Please wait while I check.....The weather person said S*** for late Wednesday, so if we want a white Christmas we have to break out the cans of white stuff and start spraying. I think I will wait. Temp 34°F.

Jerry

9. toni

Good morning all. One xmas celebration over, more baking to do today (along with probably three dishwasher loads and 2-3 loads of laundry) then tomorrow we spend with oldest daughter and the grandsons.

Mid-30's here right now, might reach 55-58 later today. But tomorrow our weather could range from thunderstorms with possible hail in the early hours, then the rain turning to sleet in the early afternoon, then snow flurries with a possible accumulation of 1-2 inches of snow by Wednesday morning. It will be interesting which combination of events actually happen....my money is on cold and dry as usual.

10. toni

Good morning all. Santa stopped at my house and left me RAIN so far the front garden has gotten almost an inch and the back garden has gotten 1.25 inches...the gauges are less than 30 feet apart :eek:

He also left youngest daughter a new TV and Randy a glass Carbine filled with Tequilla (which we will give a taste test tonight) But the rain for me is the best!!! ;)

11. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Merry Christmas. Had all our celebration yesterday. And last Night X-mas ever service. And Soup ,snacks afterwards.Some missing. But some of the roads in country gravel roads are slick. But older member-in early 90's made it.Glad we have no steps any more. Walkers work fine on them.Sunny day. Yard is full of every type of birds

12. Netty

Merry Christmas all!
    It is -1°C and sunny here for Christmas Day, after a light coating of snow overnight ... Just enough to say it is a white Christmas! Everyone is happy with their gifts and I have the turkey cooking.
    And then it's over ... just like THAT!
    Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas :)

13. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Merry Christmas everyone! I got a few things from fam, but my faves were the Kindle my mom gave me (wasnt expecting to get it even though I had asked for it!) and the North Face jacket my bf gave me :)

14. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I have had my sister here for 4 days. It's been nice but I will be get back to normal starting tomorrow morning. She is packing things up now and will leave tomorrow morning and go straight to work.

We had a very good time. It was little and I made small adjustments for just the 3 of us. I moved us down to one side of the dining room table instead of squared off.

Made simple meals instead of having lots of leftovers. Lil Debbie normally would be happy to take all the leftovers.

Tomorrow my sister and my hubby will go to work and I will be alone....I kind of like that too. I made it through without an incident.

Frank, Annette and carolyn like this.
  15. cherylad

Happy Christmas night! Hope everyone had a joyful fun-filled day!
    Today's weather... started off warm. Then clouds rolled in. Then the sun came out. Then it drizzled. Then the sky turned black. Then the sun came out. What wacky weather! But since right before sunset the winds REALLY have been howling and we'll get down to freezing overnight.
    Ahhhh... it sure is nice being tucked inside with the loved ones, cartoons on the TV, a full belly and some "spiced-up" egg nog.

Frank likes this.