The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -9°C and overcast. I slept in this morning and missed the garbage truck darn it! Snow is on its way which is fine ... I'm not going anywhere today. Have a great day all :)

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's about 20 degrees, windy and cloudy this morning. BUT it is much better than yesterday. We had a giant wind gust with heavy rain early on yesterday and no electricity from 9am until 8:20 am this morning. I guess we'll have our Christmas dinner today or tomorrow or maybe we'll just wait until next Christmas. We have a small wood burning stove so was able to keep semi-warm and oil lamps provided dim light. How did people manage before electricity? No water but we keep water in pitchers and ran some before it all quit working. Having a better day today with the electric back.

dooley

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Still have all the snow on the ground that fell yesterday cause it's only 21F/-6c outside. We are finally going to see The Hobbit this afternoon.

Dooley, lucky you had a wood burning stove to keep warm by yesterday.
    I think being without power in the winter is better than in the summer. Our cooking stove is gas so we can light it to get a little warmth but in the summer there is no way to get any relief from the heat.

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. It's still in the 30s here and breezy. Thank goodness those horrible winds from yesterday are gone. We didn't get but a tiny bit of rain.
    Hope the plants that are covered up survived the freeze again.
    Today... nothing really planned. And if The Dragon stays another day, I can't even clean the house because he leaves a mess wherever he steps. :D

Advertisement
  5. happyzinnia

happyzinnia Seedling

A belated merry Christmas from blustery Arizona. We just had some Snow, just enough to show for a second.
    I got a new Camera so after I get it figured out I hope to send some closeup pictures of the wildlife around here.
    Hoping to catch the Coyotes as they come by, they are very skittish.
    Stay warm and have a good night.

6. Annette

Annette Seedling

:-D good morning, and merry belated christmas! got about a foot of snow last night, and that means shoveling today. good thing i stocked up on rock salt for the front steps! a foot of snow is a pain in the butt, but it sure looks pretty!

7. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -7°C and snowing. We got several inches of snow overnight and it is still snowing. It's a little late for Christmas, but I'll take it! Have a great day all :)

8. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Getting more ice melts for church. To get snow Friday. To get colder. So glad got plenty of Firewood in basement. Dh picking up more suet. Or things for me to make it.

9. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Looks like we're in a repeat of yesterday's weather... still in the 30s but it's nice and sunny and the winds appear to have stopped. I have a few errands to run and then will just be hanging out.

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! sunny and cold right now. Oatmeal for breakfast, I think. Just a little wind for today.

dooley

11. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Thurs.,Yesterday seemed like Mon & I keep reminding myself today is not Tues.
    It is cold out. Expected that with the snow.I like the snow to insulate the plants.Hope my roses come through.The birds have been having a feeding frenzy.They remind me of people at the grocery store stocking up before a predicted blizzard.
    sNs

12. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -12°C and overcast. We got about 12" of snow yesterday. Today it is nice, quiet and pretty outside :) Off to do some shopping. We are almost out of groceries. Have a great day all :)

13. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Got just enough snow have to shovel sidewalk and infront of garage.But I don't have to work.Well got many things to do here.

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. There are high winds promised this evening so it's going to be a noisy one. Already starting to pick up now.
    Have a great one all!

15. cherylad

Happy Friday afternoon. We got about 1.5 inches of rain overnight and it was still drizzly but a nice warm 50F this morning. But now, the winds are picking up and we'll probably get down to freezing again tonight.