The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Temp has been sitting at 37 pretty much all day and will drop back into the low 20's tonight. I love this weather!!!

Decorations are all put away till next year. I now have 8 seed/plant catalogs to drool through....actual ordering begins next week. ;)

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good afternoon! Electricity was off again this morning when we got up. It was still off at eleven am so we went and bought some battery powered lanterns and lights. Now, of course, it won't go off again.

dooley

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Another cold start today with temps in the lower 30s. It's a little breezy but nothing like yesterday evening. Hopefully it stay sunny so I can least wander around outside without being all bundled up.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -9°C and snowing lightly. It has been light snow which makes it easy to shovel, the kind of snow I like. There is now a lovely layer of snow on the gardens, but there are also several bunnies this winter. I hope the dog scares them away! Clean up today, and maybe I'll start putting away the Christmas things. In another few days it all gets put away for another year.
    Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. dooley

Good morning! It's in the low 20's but the SUN is shining. I don't know what the temps will be. Haven't looked at the weather yet. Yesterday it said no full sunny days until Jan. 4th so it will probably get cloudy again. Enjoy it while it lasts I guess.

dooley

6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Glad we have plenty of fire wood in cellar. To be below 0 most of the week.Got another heavy metal trash can with lid to store cracked corn for birds.

7. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -12°C and sunny. It is nice to see the SUN, but with the clear skies comes the COLD. Not sure what to do today, maybe prep my dining room for paint? Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. Another light freeze overnight and it's STILL a little breezy. I didn't even get out of pajamas yesterday. Just stayed inside, backing up the computer,trashing old stuff.. even cleaning cabinets. But today, since there's no freezing temps for the next week, I finally get to uncover the plants so they can get some of this rain we're expecting tomorrow.
    Gotta make the dreaded trip to Walmart... the dang can opener broke yesterday. Why can't they make those like they used to? I swear this one is only a month old. Guess I'll get an electric one AND another cheapy handheld one (maybe it'll last longer than the expensive one)?

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Maybe next week the wind will die down and I can get out in the garden to cut back the perennials that suddenly went dormant when it snowed last week. Then we are going to start putting down more mulch to get ready for next growing season.
    Supposed to reach 50 today but the clouds are moving in again, I love clouds, and with the wind it feels like it's still in the 30's right now.

10. dooley

Good afternoon! The sun was shining this morning. The water was frozen in Chance's outside water bowl. I suspect the birds water tub was frozen too but I didn't go looking. It's all cloudy now but was 48 a bit ago. Clothes all dry and inside. Good thing. No washing for the next three or four days. Cut firewood and stacked it and got some in wood box inside. Rest covered with tarps. I have soup cooking for supper so maybe I'm done for today though I didn't do any sewing yet.

dooley

11. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good late-afternoon everyone. I fired up the snowblower for the first time this season and cleared the driveway. I re-supplied the bird feeders as the goldfinches were upset they had to scramble for seat in the restaurant. Next is re-grouting the kitchen countertop. The temperature outside is 27°F with a mild NW wind at 5 to 7 mph.

Jerry

12. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

good morning all haven't been well lately but am getting ready for spring I won alot of seeds on an auction and can't wait to get them planted hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR

13. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning all! Hoping your New Year celebrations today are full of cheer and happiness :stew1:

14. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -4°C and cloudy. I'm going to enjoy the Christmas decorations for one more day ... tomorrow it all comes down! Happy New Year to all!

15. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Good morning

Good morning all. Only 27* when I got up. I have my grandson today. He had his tonsil out last Thurs.and has not spoken a word yet. Having hard time getting him to drink or eat.