The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning. Finally, a night without freezing temps. It's in the lower 50s this morning. And should get a bit warmer and then rains move in for a couple of days.
    I finally got to mess around a little outside yesterday once the winds died down. It's official... I'm ready for Spring! :stew2:

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    Youngest is having friends over tonight for their New Years Eve party, some may spend the night if they don't have to work tomorrow. So we are going to a motel for the night. Cable TV, Randy nukes the frozen meat balls and french fries for supper and a free breakfast in the morning.

We may go see The Hobbit again tomorrow afternoon. Saw it last Wednesday but there is so much action going on we both feel like we didn't really see everything....it's really good. Thorin Oakenshield is gorgeous.

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's cloudy and gray and raining. Sometimes it really comes down and then it's back to the drizzle. Chance thinks she'll stay inside today. She doesn't like wet. I'm staying inside, too. I'm glad we got our wood cut to size yesterday. What is out there now is too wet to burn. Staying home tonight. We haven't been out on New Year's Eve since we had kids. They've been gone from home a long while but we still prefer to stay home. If you go out be careful. The weather is not going to be good.

dooley

4. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Had to work this am.This customer has had us come a lot extra.They sent us home lot of snack things-own a grocery store. She said so I can relax and not have to cook.Sounded good to me

Advertisement
  5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good afternoon everyone, with no sun in sight the temperatures for this New Year's Eve will be in the upper 20's but no snow. Happy New Year!!

Jerry

6. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

good day all. Temp about 31º and snowing. Kinda bored, have the whole day off from work. Wont get to ring in the new year tonight as I have to be at work at 5:45am :'( bleh

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good New Years morning all. Currently -10°C and sunny. It's COLD out there ... the wind makes it a lot colder. I think the Christmas tree comes down today, and most of the decorations. Have a great day all :)

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good Morning! It's New Year's Day and it's gray and cloudy and pouring down rain. It did say maybe a bit of sun this afternoon!

9. cherylad

Happy Wednesday Morning and Happy New Year! There was 1.75 inches of wet stuff in the rain gauge this morning. It's overcast, breezy and should be rainy again today. Temps started off in the lower 60s but they will be dropping throughout the day. I may take down the Christmas decorations today, but probably will wait until tomorrow... but who knows. :stew2:

10. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -6°C and lightly snowing. Thought I would put the recycling out last night because they have been coming so early lately. Of course it is still sitting there! Grrr!
    I got all of Christmas put away yesterday and now the house looks bare - but so much bigger! A few more days and we will be getting back to normal.
    Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning... or is Thursday? My days have been so screwed up since I've been on this long vacation from work! :D Didn't put away the Christmas decorations yesterday and won't get to them today either. We'll be getting out of the house and visiting my brother and Hubby's sister and running some errands.
    Today's weather looks like yesterday... overcast, breezy and cool. I think the high will be in the mid50s.

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    Netty you and I have the same trash pickup and recycle pick up days. They never get here early but we put it out Tuesday nights anyway.

Right at freezing this morning (32F) No chance of rain this week but at least it's only in the 40-50 deg range for afternoon highs.
    Grandsons will be here around 11 and stay for a couple of days, their Mom needs a break before school starts next week (she's a teacher) We have a few things the oldest is going to help Grampa with out in the yard and the youngest will provide much needed entertainment with his cheery self.

13. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Got up early. Our zoo wanted to out. Got dusting of snow-but didn't make it slick.

14. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Another night or two with the plants covered up since it got down to freezing again. Our highs should only reach the 40s the next couple of days. At least the drizzly stuff seems to have moved on.... but there's still some wind.

15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast with light snow falling. Off to take my computer to the PC Doctor - it crashed last night - and then some errands and shopping. So far 2013 has brought me a broken tooth, a swollen elbow and now a computer crash. Not looking good for me this year people! Have a great day all :)